PDA

View Full Version : LS1-T56 finally in my 69 Camaro !

Rybar
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, we finally got the LS1-T56 into my car on the weekend. After 3-4 months of planning, researching, gathering parts etc it finally came together.

The install went pretty good. Had a couple of hic-ups but were minor.

There are some pics in my sig.

Next: the wiring, gauges, fuel tank install, fuel lines and all the other necessary plumbing. Going to try to have this together for this summer.

trapin
04-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Looks great...nice work.

Keep your eye on the prize and you'll be burnin' dinosaur bones before you know it. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
04-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Awesome. When do you hope to be driving it?

Rybar
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
At the pace I'm going I'd say late summer, either August or Sept.

Earlier this year I was thinking summer '06 but now it's getting closer.

coolclassiccars
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
i really like that red,is that transparent with a gold base? ie... tri-coat? your buddy's car sits bad a@#,that thing is sick. :eek:

Rybar
04-11-2005, 06:23 PM
It's a Candy Red (yes transparent) with a silver base. There are about 8 coats of red. It's really bright in the sun, whenever it sees it!

Yeah, Sandro's car is nuts. The car is so much nicer in person.

He posted on this site, check out his build up in the introduction forum.

Raige
04-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Slowly I step inch by inch step by step then WHAM its done .... :hail:

69MyWay
04-13-2005, 04:04 AM
:thumbsup:

Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you going to mount the computer?

Rybar
04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup:

Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you going to mount the computer?

Thanks, I'm going to mount it, behind the firewall (drill a hole)

Where did you mount yours?

69MyWay
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I'm going to mount it, behind the firewall (drill a hole)

Where did you mount yours?

I made a bracket to hang it on the passenger side of the firewall between the vintage a/c unit and wall. I drilled my wire harness hole in the top of the trans tunnel (I am a freak about hiding everything).

The bracket turned out really cool because I made it to allow the computer to slip fit in place (the sides have a taper on the mount), then I have a small plate that goes on the bottom and tightens up with two nuts. It took me all afternoon one day to rough this out. If you look at the computer, there are very few options to just "bolt" it down.

BTW, what brand header is that (or homemade)?

Rybar
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
I made a bracket to hang it on the passenger side of the firewall between the vintage a/c unit and wall. I drilled my wire harness hole in the top of the trans tunnel (I am a freak about hiding everything).

The bracket turned out really cool because I made it to allow the computer to slip fit in place (the sides have a taper on the mount), then I have a small plate that goes on the bottom and tightens up with two nuts. It took me all afternoon one day to rough this out. If you look at the computer, there are very few options to just "bolt" it down.

BTW, what brand header is that (or homemade)?

That sounds awesome, how big of a hole did you drill and where did you get the grommet??

The headers are Street & Performance shortys. They are pretty nice, but because thier shorty's they may hold me back from my 400 rwhp goal. (stock heads, TSP cam/tune)

Jay Hilliard
04-14-2005, 07:30 AM
VERY NICE! I know you are so ready to drive it. Keep us updated with the pics also. Congrats.