PDA

View Full Version : Aftermartket Gas Tank Help

almcbri
04-11-2005, 11:00 AM
This summer I am having a fabricator help me build a gas tank much like the DSE tank or Ricks Hot Rod Shop.

I know this is a big favor to ask but I am wondering if anyone can give me the demensions of the tanks like DSE and Ricks's builds. I know a little geometry will be needed to figure the exact dimension for fuel capacity.
Yeah I would love to go and buy a tank, but I am trying to build on a college budget. I was going to use a pump from a salvaged donor car.
Anything Extra to consider when building this? I can understand if anyone feels weird about giving exact demensions. I am just trying to get a reference and idea.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Steve1968LS2
04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I would but my car is gone.. it was a Rock Valley tank which is the same company that makes the ones for DS&E..

Keep in mind that internally the tanks have a lot going on with baffles and such..

Musclerodz
04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Tank is 3" narrower I believe to accomodate the minitub and slightly deeper, so it is more noticable beneath the car. If you are custom building one, I would make it fit your needs rather than copy someone elses. Definitely pay attention to internal baffling yo keep the pump submerged if you are going efi.

Mike