PDA

View Full Version : 67 68 Camaro wheel selection?????

brandonc707
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I have a 67 camaro that was a real head turner 15 years ago. Then I bought a house, and had three kids. So needless to say I have not spent as much time in the garage in the last several years as I would have liked!! Now that my kids are old enough to enjoy the car with me, I have a car that looks like a cool car from 15 years ago.
I have been looking at wheels,tires and possibly suspension upgrades.
I want to see pictures of first gen camaros with 17or 18 inch wheels and what did you have to do to make them fit??Most people seem to be running 17" why?
Also wondering about air bag suspension?? are they worth the money? they look really cool, but kinda pricey.
Really looking for pix but any help would be great!
I want to make my car cool again:D :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I want to see pictures of first gen camaros with 17or 18 inch wheels and what did you have to do to make them fit??Most people seem to be running 17" why?
Also wondering about air bag suspension?? are they worth the money? they look really cool, but kinda pricey.
No magic to making wheels and tires fit, Just picking the correct offsets and sizes. There are tons of cars to see on the home page here.

As for Air bag suspension and is it worth it. Depends what you want? If being able to change the ride height is appealing, then by all means do it. The fact that now it is proven the Air Ride (not all air bag systems, but specifically Air Ride Technologies) has proven it's performance capabilities, considering it's adjustability, it is a very interesting suspension option. We are very proud to be a Air Die Technoligies distributor.

Many still want conventional suspension and do not care about ride height adjustment at the flick of a button, and because of that we also are direct distributors for other suspension systems including Art Morrison and Chris Alston Chassis Works along with QA1 shocks, Speed Tech Performance and Wilwood Brakes.

So when you decide to do something, look us up. We not only sell every part you need, we build these cars and use these parts everyday and can guide you in the right direction to properly suit your needs.

67rsconvert
02-17-2007, 03:45 AM
I have a 67 camaro that was a real head turner 15 years ago. Then I bought a house, and had three kids. So needless to say I have not spent as much time in the garage in the last several years as I would have liked!! Now that my kids are old enough to enjoy the car with me, I have a car that looks like a cool car from 15 years ago.

I will be installing the Air Ride Street Challenge setup on my 67 Camaro in the coming weeks. I will be posting pictures and documenting the install and noting any challenges/issues and posting it on this site. Stay tuned. In regard to price, the whole setup front and rear is cheaper installed than an aftermarket front subframe upgrade with new suspension bits.

customcam
02-17-2007, 04:31 PM
cool project keep us posted :)
i have a couple of pics of a sweet 68 on air with 18-20 on it