PDA

View Full Version : New/need advise

IIisbetter
04-10-2005, 11:06 PM
I currently drive a '99 trans am (6spd, leather, LS1). When I was 15 I restored a 66 ss nova, but it was not done 100% had powerglide, bad electric, and the front end was chewing up tires like crazy. I could not afford to take the car to school with me. I sold it :mad: bought a 94 camaro, modern reliability. Then traded that in for my trans am. My junior year in college, for the first time I let someone borrow my car. cold night my roommate had a date and only had a motorcycle. A puddle, curb, and a tree, never good to hear in the same sentence. $10,000 later (he had no insur :mad: ) my car has never been the same.
I promised myself I would have another nova when I graduated. With one thing after another gong wrong w/ the trans am I am thinking of using the trans am as a donar car.While I ws putting exhaust on I noticed the frame slightly bent in several places.
Only proplem w/ drivetrane is reverse pops out. Thanks, sorry for the long story.

spaztikatik
04-10-2005, 11:45 PM
that's god awful, i dunno if my friend would have lived through the night had that been me :eek:

I'm all for the donor car thing, as long as its a solid car you have to put all the equipment in, ya know?

start searching for a good donor car and tell us what you've got in mind for this lil scheme of yours :unibrow:

T Bell
04-11-2005, 08:15 AM
sounds like it could be interesting.