PDA

View Full Version : Constructing a Paint Booth: dimensions needed

almcbri
02-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I have been looking for a way to build a paint booth that can be taken down and stored since I just paint on occasion.
Here are some quick pictures that I drew up: http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/almcbri/Paint%20booth/

What dimensions should I make it?
Would you make any changes?
Do I need more ventilation?

Plans:
PVS pipe used for the frame
clear plastic to cover the booth
20x20 box fans with filters
1 entry door

68protouring454
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
14x24, ceiling should be 7 ft min, have some fans that move some air to speed things up, seal them tightly to end wall so they suck air thru filters in front of booth.

GM Muscle
02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
ive dont this before.. when i first got out of wyotech.. i built my booth 25x15x9 but i would go 27x 17x9 if i were to do it again. i took some cheap studs from the local luber yard and built a fairly rigid frame. then bought some clear contractors plastic( buy the thick stuff over 3 mils).. then i just "wrapped the frame and used a staple gun to hold the plastic down.. i wrapped it with one layer pretty tight.. then i built a 2ft tall frame that came down from the top of the front of the booth and secured some standard home air filters so that the whole top front of the booth had a row of filters.. on the opposite end (back) down in floor i made a 2ft wide 2ft tall box that had some air conditioner fans (squirel cage) attatched to it.. i mounted some regular box fans at the top of the booth about 2ft from the filters.. i know it sounds kinda ghetto but it worked great.. i watered the floors and kicked the fans on.. and blew the studs and plastic off to "purge" the booth.. i adjusted the front fan distance until the plastic just barely buldged out.. positive pressure keeps the booth from sucking dust in.. to my surprise i only had to denib 2 yes 2 dirt nibs... when i was done i took it down and restuded the bathroom haha.. one thing i would recommend is venting the booth to an outside location and make sure nothing important is near.. overspray sux.. for lighting i mounted some cheap lowes floresent fixtures outside the plastic they were like 10 bucks apeice.. overall i spent about 200 bucks.. for what its worth you could probably rent a booth from a local shop for that much or rig a little more to cut down costs.. rant off..