PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Seat Questions

tyoneal
02-10-2007, 06:29 AM
To All:

I am looing to find the best source for Recaro Seat. I've had several back surguries and it is REALLY important to find a very comfortable seat for long distance driving with the best lateral stabilization as possible. (in that order)

I have been looking at the, "Style" series seats will the extra comfort package, or the, "Trend series".

Any thoughts or suggestions? I will have a harness set up so I can still strap myself in snuggly, but comfort has to take presidence.

Thnaks,

tyoneal

speedshopmike
02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
i'm selling a pair of SRD seats from recaro in black cloth if interested.

Steve1968LS2
02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
The Style is the most comfortable seat out there. I ran it in my 2000 SS and my '69 Camaros.

But.. it has no provisions for a four point harness. For that you would want the SPEED model. Its the same base as the Style but the top is designed for a harness system. The good news is that it cost just a bit less than the Style.

As for the best place, well just look at your other thread and call up Jim in Texas. He was very helpful to me.

novanutcase
02-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone tried the Ergomed?

tyoneal
02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
i'm selling a pair of SRD seats from recaro in black cloth if interested.

Tell me more.

Ty O'Neal

tyoneal
02-25-2007, 02:42 PM
The Style is the most comfortable seat out there. I ran it in my 2000 SS and my '69 Camaros.

But.. it has no provisions for a four point harness. For that you would want the SPEED model. Its the same base as the Style but the top is designed for a harness system. The good news is that it cost just a bit less than the Style.

As for the best place, well just look at your other thread and call up Jim in Texas. He was very helpful to me.

I called Jim. He is a very nice guy. I thought he was in Minnasota though.

Ty

speedshopmike
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
welp, i bought them sight and sat unseen, so to speak as they were a killer deal.
i installed them in my trans am.
they're amazingly supportive and hold you in like a vise without feeling like you're in jail.
the problem is they are just too low for my car; my back's bad and i have to grab the roof and pull myself out.
ie, i'm getting old and decrepit.
they have dual recliner knobs, 1 per side, so the seats don'thave a driver or passenger side: the point is one of the knobs on one of the seats doesn't work; i made that the passenger seat; the knob on the other side of that seat works fine; nobody ever sat in it anyway.
they have perhaps 1200 miles of seat time in that car before i swapped them.
so, i hung a pair of flofit seats i had in the car instead, am selling various vehicles anyway to thin the herd, and don't forsee using these, so they're for sale.
they're in perfect shape aside from the knob spinning freely; i assume a new knob would fix it.

tyoneal
02-26-2007, 02:18 AM
welp, i bought them sight and sat unseen, so to speak as they were a killer deal.
i installed them in my trans am.
they're amazingly supportive and hold you in like a vise without feeling like you're in jail.
the problem is they are just too low for my car; my back's bad and i have to grab the roof and pull myself out.
ie, i'm getting old and decrepit.
they have dual recliner knobs, 1 per side, so the seats don'thave a driver or passenger side: the point is one of the knobs on one of the seats doesn't work; i made that the passenger seat; the knob on the other side of that seat works fine; nobody ever sat in it anyway.
they have perhaps 1200 miles of seat time in that car before i swapped them.
so, i hung a pair of flofit seats i had in the car instead, am selling various vehicles anyway to thin the herd, and don't forsee using these, so they're for sale.
they're in perfect shape aside from the knob spinning freely; i assume a new knob would fix it.

$$$?

Mounting Rails?

How tall are you and Body Shape?

Thanks,

Ty

speedshopmike
02-26-2007, 09:39 AM
ty,
pm sent.