PDA

View Full Version : what wheels to buy

deuce_454
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok ive decided on a look i want, but i cant seem to figure out what brands offer it, and which are the right ones to get...

im looking for a mesh wheel like boze/ze mesh, with grey center... but there are others out there... fikse, kinesis... and a bunch i dont know of.. but which ones are reasonably priced, and sill look hi-end ???

size wise im looking at 18x8 and 18x9

4mm
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
IMO, reasonably priced is Boze/Ze and Bunik. There are others but these two are my favorite mid priced wheels.

The latter choices you mentioned are more expensive like HRE, DPE, Fiske, ForgeLine, ect. Kinesis has closed (bought out) I believe.

ProdigyCustoms
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
We are distributors and can hook you up with great deals on Boze / ZE, or Forgeline. All are great wheels. We have Forgelines with additional $250 savings (in addition to our already great pricing) on coated wheels through the month of February.

PRRC
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
We can help you out also on Boze forged and Budnik along with many others in the mesh style. You can see them on our web sight at www.paradiseroadrc.com
We have great prices on all our wheel lines.
Thanks Tim

Steve1968LS2
02-06-2007, 09:21 PM
When you see the pictures I post tomorrow of my new Forgeline wheels your decision will be made.. lol

Seriously, I opened the box and became dehydraded from all the drooling.. lol

mazspeed
02-06-2007, 10:38 PM
We are distributors and can hook you up with great deals on Boze / ZE, or Forgeline. All are great wheels. We have Forgelines with additional $250 savings (in addition to our already great pricing) on coated wheels through the month of February.
Yeah I may be going this route with you, just have to total up the costs on the rebuild. :eek:

DriverzInc
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
What is most important, is get what you want. There are alot of wheels out there to choose from. Do some research on all the above mentioned lines, check out their websites, and good luck with your search. All of the above mentioned as well as Intro wheels, Asanti, and ID luxory (made by Intro) do grey center mesh designs. After you've found what you want, let the sharks go to town trying to quote you the best deal, and go with the dealer who you are the most comfortable dealing with. Good luck,

deuce_454
02-07-2007, 06:17 AM
What is most important, is get what you want. There are alot of wheels out there to choose from. Do some research on all the above mentioned lines, check out their websites, and good luck with your search. All of the above mentioned as well as Intro wheels, Asanti, and ID luxory (made by Intro) do grey center mesh designs. After you've found what you want, let the sharks go to town trying to quote you the best deal, and go with the dealer who you are the most comfortable dealing with. Good luck,

lol, yeah, that would work.. the most important thing though is to get it right the first time...

ProdigyCustoms
02-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Just a word to the wise, depending on your backspace, if it is in the 5" to 6" backspace, which it will be if it is a Camaro, or in your case a Milibu or other popular old muscle car that will require that backspace, please know that we sold Forgeline completely out rims shells to build these offsets, and there is a extended delivery time until they can recoup. I do have reservations on enough shells to do a set of WC3s (which is the Mesh style), but if you want a Premiere wheel, it is going to be a while. Also, if you are protecting your budget, look at Boze which are really a great bargain if you buy the Boze version. They also offer that wheel in ZE version in a 3 piece which is equal to Forgeline pricing and very similar.

We just ordered Rubes a set of the Boze Mesh wheels. Powder coated centers and polished lips. So I am sure he wil post some pics soon.

We also just ordered a set of WC3s for a Buick Grand National that will be ready in a couple weeks, so we can see how they fit and look since it is also a G body. We used proven backspacing off Bill Howells malibu.

Steve1968LS2
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
As promised.. Forgeline WC3's with the gunmetal centers and titanium bolts..

http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/siihp/forge1.jpg

http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/siihp/Forge2.jpg

Rubes
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep..got my ZE-forged "Mesh" from Frank. The Boze-forged "pro-touring" is the same but without the rivets, and slightly cheaper. these are very similar to the Forgeline VR3P (thats what you got right Steve?). Maybe someday I'll grow up and be able to have big boy toys (you almost had my arm twisted into FL's Frank, maybe next time). I'll get some pics when I get them on the car. Should be just in time for the snow to be disappearing around here.

oops...nevermind Steve...I see I was WRONG!!! AGAIN!!!

deuce_454
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I really like the dark center look, so i guess i have to buy atleast a 2 piece wheel.. i mean wont it look "el-cheapo" having painted centers on a 1 piece wheel??

im really torn between looks, FL zx3pb? mesh?? ill have to have my girlfriend or somebody that knows photoshop do a couple of photocrops before i can decide... what sizes are on bill howels?? have only seen pictures of his before he got the boze wheels (he sent me some pics to let me know i was building the exact twin to his car... so much for originality)

Steve1968LS2
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I really like the dark center look, so i guess i have to buy atleast a 2 piece wheel.. i mean wont it look "el-cheapo" having painted centers on a 1 piece wheel??

im really torn between looks, FL zx3pb? mesh?? ill have to have my girlfriend or somebody that knows photoshop do a couple of photocrops before i can decide... what sizes are on bill howels?? have only seen pictures of his before he got the boze wheels (he sent me some pics to let me know i was building the exact twin to his car... so much for originality)

Howell is running Forgeline "premier" series wheels with a silver center.. not Boze :)

I think he's running 19's and 20s..

Steve1968LS2
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Yep..got my ZE-forged "Mesh" from Frank. The Boze-forged "pro-touring" is the same but without the rivets, and slightly cheaper. these are very similar to the Forgeline VR3P (thats what you got right Steve?). Maybe someday I'll grow up and be able to have big boy toys (you almost had my arm twisted into FL's Frank, maybe next time). I'll get some pics when I get them on the car. Should be just in time for the snow to be disappearing around here.

oops...nevermind Steve...I see I was WRONG!!! AGAIN!!!

lol.. hell, I can't keep them straight either.. I have WC3s.. they are quite a bit cheaper than the VR3Ps..

hey, these wheels came with the car.. I just have them reworked.. and I'm broke as a joke.. :captain:

Rubes
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I dont think Bill got Boze on his Malibu. I know he talked about it though, so maybe I'm just slow and havent seen it yet. I think Frank was saying they used the same sizes as what Bill has. Anyway, I had 18x9 w/4.5" BS on my '83 Malibu wagon and they fig perfect with a little lip rolling. I had to adjust the offset when I ordered the ZE since I added disc brakes. On the front I had 17x7 w/4" BS and they rubbed the inner fender (lowerd with spindles), so I ordered 5" BS for fonts now.

Rubes
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
.. and I'm broke as a joke.. :captain:
and I'm so broke I cant even pay attention:rofl:

ProdigyCustoms
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Bill still has TT2S, but backspace is backspace.

deuce_454
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah, there were TT2's on the pics he sent me.. but he said somthing about getting boze's... i has just curious as his paint scheme is almost identical to mine... and they are equally lowered

Leadfoot1
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Deuce,

If you need particularly angled pics of the Zx3P's to have photoshopped just let me know, be glad to help out.

Lead.

deuce_454
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
wow, leadfoot... that would be awesome... i think since i cant fit your mega cool 12x20 or what ever supercool rear wheels you have ill settle for shots of the front wheels... somthing i can crop onto this image:

which is how it will look once its painted... atleast thats what i asked for

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s295/deuce_454/malibu-1.jpg

Leadfoot1
02-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Deuce, i didn't forget you, had some Power pack problem with my laptop! Just got a new one. I'll take some shots and send em to ya. Might want to send me your email so i can send you pics.

Lead