PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro Decklid Question

Gr8t68
02-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Can anyone tell me if the 68 SS/RS decklid (with the spoiler option) retained the "Camaro By Chevrolet" emblem. I came across a decklid that the guy told me came from the factory with a spoiler. The weird thing is that the deckild has the holes drilled in the stock location (under the spoiler) as well as the holes for the emblem above the spoiler. I had the spoiler itself checked out and it appears (according to others in the business who have looked at it) to be the original. Not sure about the decklid though.

Also, any opinions on emblems vs. no emblems for a cleaner look? appreciated.

roddr1968
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I beleive 68 camaro's had an emblem w/ out the spoiler and no emblem w/ a spoiler. My camaro retain's all it's original sheet metal and mine does'nt have the emblem. i also think it is cleaner not to have an emblem on the deck lid with or w/ out the spoiler. Hope this helps

:lateral: :woot:

Gr8t68
02-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to find one picture or reference that shows a decklid with the spoiler and the emblem. I wasn't planning on putting the Camaro emblem on the front driver side header panel (above the grille) or have any emblems on the fenders either with the exception of the SS emblem on the grille and gas cap. I was thinking it should say Camaro somewhere on there but will go without it for that clean look.