PDA

View Full Version : Grand National Roadster Show

71Nova
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I posted this yesterday but it was one of the posts that was lost in the server transfer. These pictures are from the Grand national roadster show last weekend at the Pomona CA Fairplex.

71Nova
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Some more. I got to meet Rick from Ricks Stainless tanks. They had one of there new tanks with the aeromotive a1000 pumps inside at the show. very nice looking product, and cool guy. The beer booths were kicking in by the time I met him. Nothing like cool people, cool cars, and beer booths. Great weekend.

GHOSTDANCER
01-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Good pics, thanks for posting:thumbsup:

Kris Horton
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
That show was right in my back yard but I didn't bother with it, I was really busy this weekend and heard a good number of the cars there were also at SEMA, so at least I didn't miss too much. Cool pics though! :thumbsup:

71Nova
01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
It was a cool show. Lots of cool cars. Check out this all wood model that was on display. I can't imagine carving all those pieces and not being able to drive it.

Musclerodz
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
It was a cool show. Lots of cool cars. Check out this all wood model that was on display. I can't imagine carving all those pieces and not being able to drive it.
Was there any info on it? i know a guy on the East Coast that showed me CAD models of a wood vehicle they were possibly going to build a full scale version of VERY similar to that. It was a part of some university project. He said everything that could be made out of wood and still be driveable was going to be wood. Basically everything but the engine, rubber, and glass.

Mike

MarkM66
01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Link I found on another site;

http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/2007grandnationalro/

Budnik Wheels
01-31-2007, 12:38 PM
I really enjoyed the show. Lots of really nice cars. '32 Fords were well celebrated (75th anniversary) and built so beautifully.

-jason

71Nova
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Was there any info on it? i know a guy on the East Coast that showed me CAD models of a wood vehicle they were possibly going to build a full scale version of VERY similar to that. It was a part of some university project. He said everything that could be made out of wood and still be driveable was going to be wood. Basically everything but the engine, rubber, and glass.

Mike

I just looked threw my pictures and if there was a info plaque in front of it, I did't get a pic of it. :(