PDA

View Full Version : Shifter?

ccracin
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure if this post should be in here or in the interior section. Scott, move if needed. I'm looking for recommendations on a shifter for a 4L80e. I know about the paddle shifter from Twist. I am concerned with the manual shifter for the floor. I know you guys have some, what do you like/recommend? Thanks again!

novanutcase
01-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes......I am going to have a t-56 transaxle. Should I stay with the stock vette shifter? Inquiring minds want to know!!!(Sorry for the partial thread jack CC!!)

Musclerodz
01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure if this post should be in here or in the interior section. Scott, move if needed. I'm looking for recommendations on a shifter for a 4L80e. I know about the paddle shifter from Twist. I am concerned with the manual shifter for the floor. I know you guys have some, what do you like/recommend? Thanks again!
If it is a floor shifter for your truck, I would go with one from Lokar. They have reverse lockouts just like the oem stuff and tall floor setups.

Mike

ccracin
01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
If it is a floor shifter for your truck, I would go with one from Lokar. They have reverse lockouts just like the oem stuff and tall floor setups.

Mike

Mike,

I'm familiar with the Lokar stuff, but I'm looking for something more performance oriented. The interior will completely custom with buckets and a console. the shifter may not have to mount on the floor.

Does anyone know if the shift pattern or gate is the same as a 700r4? Are shifters for these two interchangable?

Thanks.

PRRC
01-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Chad, The 4L60, 4L65E and the 4L80 all have the same shift gate as the 700 R. Any of the shifters will work. how about somthing with this style?

ccracin
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Chad, The 4L60, 4L65E and the 4L80 all have the same shift gate as the 700 R. Any of the shifters will work. how about somthing with this style?

I knew there was a reason I like working with you!!! I was going to talk to you about this, but was waiting for the grand opening of the new paint booth if you know what I mean. We will see what what Ben comes up with, but those are what I had in my head when I asked about the shift pattern. Thanks, Tim.:thumbsup:

PRRC
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Chad, That D#&N paint booth may be the death of me.LOL. just about finished.
Tim