PDA

View Full Version : CrossRam/Pro-Jection Question?

JW69Camaro
04-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a 406 with 6" rods -10 Brodix heads that flow 310 cfm at full lift and I"m putting a crossram on my car with 2 Pro-Jection units. My question is should I run this in an open loop config or closed loop. This is my first dealing with fuel injection so I thought I would buy a simple unit.

customcam
04-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Do you have any pics or links about your cross-ram? who did it? im also interested in the same set-up but cant find 1?

camcojb
04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
I'd have it run in closed loop if possible. Generally will be a better way to go on the street, but you can tune them to run very well either way.

Sounds like a cool project!

Jody

Twin_Turbo
05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Probably the offenhauser crossram, copy of the GM crossram from the 60s.

i'd run it in closed loop.

RPM Frank
06-20-2005, 10:10 PM
TPIS had a crossram system using that exact twin TBI setup on the old 1982-1984 crossram intake on those years F-bodies and Vettes. From what I understand and correct me If I'm wrong, that newer FI intake was designed around the same intake parameters as the old 69 Z-28 crossram option. I know as a fact that TPIS had a great deal of succes with the performance of that setup and promoted it in a big way. It wasnt until they came out with the L98 Mini Ram inatke that they laid off it. BTW that Mini Ram design was the basis for the later LT1 intake so they must know what they are doing.
www.tpis.com
They dont list anything about it on thier web-site any longer but I'm sure they can still answer some questions for you.