PDA

View Full Version : Jerico road race trans

TravisB
01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
any dealers out there? anyone have any experience with them? are they worth the money?

Thanks in advance

andrewb70
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
any dealers out there? anyone have any experience with them? are they worth the money?

Thanks in advance

What are you going to do with the car? You know these transmission don't have synchros, right?

Andrew

TravisB
01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
yes I do know that just from reading I have driven a busch car that had one in it but it was just around the parking lot and dont remeber how it felt. How does that effect normal driving? sorry for the dumb questions I just dont know much about them

70gotboost
01-25-2007, 12:53 PM
i work right across the street from Jerico... you want me to walk over and ask Jerry the 'skinny' on his road race stuff?? :)

A couple of guys here at the shop have them and have had good luck with theirs. They both have the drag race style with 'road race' sliders so they run them on the street easier, so they say. I'm no expert, but i guess the 'road race sliders' allow them to use the clutch or just 'blip' the throttle and bang the gears...

TravisB
01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
i work right across the street from Jerico... you want me to walk over and ask Jerry the 'skinny' on his road race stuff?? :)

A couple of guys here at the shop have them and have had good luck with theirs. They both have the drag race style with 'road race' sliders so they run them on the street easier, so they say. I'm no expert, but i guess the 'road race sliders' allow them to use the clutch or just 'blip' the throttle and bang the gears...

that would be great I just dont want to call and bother them if I am not pretty sure I want one. I need to try and read some more about them as well. Thanks

andrewb70
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Here is a post that I made regarding my experience with a Liberty modified T56:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484085

While its not exactly the same as a Jerico, the driving experience will be very similar, given the fact that both use dog rings.

Andrew

TravisB
01-27-2007, 01:39 AM
thanks for the link that helps a bunch. I think I will go with the T56 I already have.