PDA

View Full Version : Body work experts?

bigtyme1
01-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I know we got some top noch body builders out there and I got some question. I've been a body man for around 20 years but I been out of it for 5. when I was doing body work the deal was to weld, grind, mud then primer. From what I'm learing now I'm supposed to weld then epoxy prime and mud over top of the epoxy. I really nervous about mudding over epoxy especialy over the welded area because it's tuff to sand in all the crack and crevesouses. I hope you understand what I'm saying. what's the best way?

ProdigyCustoms
01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
We sandblast the welds, then epoxy, then all metal filler, then plastic filler, then polyester spray filler, then 2K primer, WHEW, I am tired just saying it!

race-rodz
01-23-2007, 11:26 PM
We sandblast the welds, then epoxy, then all metal filler, then plastic filler, then polyester spray filler, then 2K primer, WHEW, I am tired just saying it!

+1

we usually D.A. the epoxy with 150ish prior to any filler, needed or not, i feel a lil extra mechanical "bite" is always good. i have been having some issues with polyester lately, the latest project i skipped the poly stage with great results.

ProdigyCustoms
01-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes, we scuff the epozy also. you need my polyester ! Get me a address, i will sent you a liter

bigtyme1
01-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Yes, we scuff the epozy also. you need my polyester ! Get me a address, i will sent you a liter

Frank. what brand polester are you using? I used to use Spies Ecker, I'm not sure whats out there now.

ProdigyCustoms
01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I have a distribution agreement and import a PE Filler that is,........... let's see, how can I say this, .................. It is VERY MUCH like Standox. So product is so much like Standox, you would sear it came off the same manufacturing line and got a different label! I am not saying that this happens here, but there have long been rumors of European paint companies manufacturers private label products developed by others. I know it weighs, smells, sprays, dry's, builds, and taste like Standox. Even the can is identical!

It is almost half the price at $35 per liter instead of $58 which adds up quick when you use 4 to 8 per car! I also have a new "Standox like" 2K primer we bring in that is $200 instead of $450 for a gallon kit. |We will be bringing all the paint materials to market as soon as I get my licensees to ship hazardous materials

bigtyme1
01-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a distribution agreement and import a PE Filler that is,........... let's see, how can I say this, .................. It is VERY MUCH like Standox. So product is so much like Standox, you would sear it came off the same manufacturing line and got a different label! I am not saying that this happens here, but there have long been rumors of European paint companies manufacturers private label products developed by others. I know it weighs, smells, sprays, dry's, builds, and taste like Standox. Even the can is identical!

It is almost half the price at $35 per liter instead of $58 which adds up quick when you use 4 to 8 per car! I also have a new "Standox like" 2K primer we bring in that is $200 instead of $450 for a gallon kit. |We will be bringing all the paint materials to market as soon as I get my licensees to ship hazardous materials

I know what you mean I was a paint rep for a short time and I learned that most high end clears and hardners are all made but the same company. let me know when you can sell. If I havent allready bought some you got my business.

tyoneal
01-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Do these polyesters still use the BPO cream (benzoperoxide) to set them off?

Just wondering.

Thanks,

tyoneal

ProdigyCustoms
01-25-2007, 05:10 AM
No cream hardner, they use MEK

Steve68
01-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Yea MEK can I stick my head in the barrel!

Frank is this used as a base primer, never heard of it,

ProdigyCustoms
01-25-2007, 08:08 AM
The polyester spray filler is used for blocking / staightening. Our product is good to 50 mils! It is a much harder, but not brittle material then ordinary 2K primer, and able to go much thicker. It was designed in Germany for repairing hail damge where the dent is dollied out and sprayed with PE filler instead of skiming with polyester glazing putty. Spraying is much better as you do not get the spreader grooves and it uses MEK instead of cream.

Diognes56
01-26-2007, 08:22 PM
I will have to look at this stuff when I am getting to that point :yes: .

David