PDA

View Full Version : Vintage air in 69 camaro,needed parts?

Bowtieracing
01-20-2007, 11:44 AM
If i get the full camaro retro fit kit from DSE what else do i need to complete the job.I mean parts under the dash. Like ducting ,vents etc.
My car i bare shell now and i want to start planning what do i need so i have plenty of time to get all. Oh and kick panels,orginal vent are vacuum operated,can i use manual"non ac" fresf air vents with vintage package?

fesler
01-21-2007, 12:03 AM
The Gen II kit is perfect for the Camaro that is what I have in my car, if you would like to talk to me about it email when you have time. http://www.feslerproductions.com/1969FeslerCamaro.htm I am a Vintage dealer and can help you out if you have concerns about fitting this into your car. Let me know

Bowtieracing
01-21-2007, 02:57 AM
Great! Okay yes i will email you Fesler! Your car awsome and i sure liked to know more about it!!!

ProdigyCustoms
01-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Not so fast, Gen 2 is so yesterday! The Gen IV is coming out in a few weeks. You will be kicking yourself in the butt if you do A gen 2 today. Lisa and I are going to Vintage Air school just to come fully up to speed about the New Gen IV and will be getting a early kit and doing a full install story. They also will be on Group Purchase.

Bowtieracing
01-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks Frank!!! This its my lucky to be starting my project late...I have no idea yet what are the differences between each generations-but i sure want the smallest . lightest and all electrical system.I am done with wire and vacuum controls for life:cool:

ProdigyCustoms
01-21-2007, 09:15 AM
The Gen IV is being built as a retro fit specifically for your car, VS a put together kit. We have sold tons of Compaq Gen 2 set ups, and they work, but the Gen IV has more features, is a direct fit, and will cost less money the Compaq kit with all the additional hardware required to install it.

So better product, made to fit, less expensive? I think it is worth the wait.

bigtyme1
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Frank, I'm looking into the Gen IV as well, does it use the DSE bracket that the GEN II used?

The Gen IV is being built as a retro fit specifically for your car, VS a put together kit. We have sold tons of Compaq Gen 2 set ups, and they work, but the Gen IV has more features, is a direct fit, and will cost less money the Compaq kit with all the additional hardware required to install it.

So better product, made to fit, less expensive? I think it is worth the wait.

ProdigyCustoms
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I should have a realease date as soon as tomorrow. Hopefully. The Gen IV will NOT require any additiaonal brackets, and will work on factory A/C, no factory A/C, and smooth firewall 69s. 67 / 68 will be right behind.

Serpa69
01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Frank is right. I bought one from him a month ago (not the kit) and it is a great unit. I have a smooth firewall and a raised tunnel and it fits great, and yes you do not need any special braket.

fesler
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
before you buy any unit talk to people about what they are using, as stated here that the Gen II is so yesterday it is the best blowing unit I have found to date and we have been installing them for years. I have them in almost all the cars we build and have not been disapointed yet. The new unit will be good as well but I do not see it blowing the volume that the Gen II will do as it will be smaller. My 69 Camaro is on the ground with all kinds of mods and the Gen II fits in the dash perfect you can hardly see the bottom of the unit. As for the Firewall all the bulk heads that they have will work. I would also look at the Dakota Digital controls for the unit to see if one of them might work we use them as well and they are very cool upgrades. I have some installed that I can send you some pictures of or post them up here for you to see. I hope this will help with some of these questions. :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I do not want to get in a pissin match. I do want to be sure the membership is aware of the latest, greatest thing, even if it is before it is available. If we have a scoop, we try to pass it on. Personally, we are not selling any Compaq's without making sure the buyer knows about the new Gen IV right around the corner. Nothing sucks worse then buying something today, and finding out something better suited is available tomorrow.

I have received permission from VA to speak on the new Gen IV. The Gen IV evaporator is bigger as well as multiple other improvements. But instead of hearing it from me, I encourage anyone interested in A/C to call Walt at VA, 1 800 TOCOOLU, tell him Frank at Prodigy said to call, and ask him about the new Gen IV. Then you can decide what system to order and you can buy from whomever you want!

Here are some specs on the universal Gen IV, Camaro specs will be very similar

http://vintageair.com/cat2006/19.pdf

fesler
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I do not want to get in a pissin match. I do want to be sure the membership is aware of the latest, greatest thing, even if it is before it is available. If we have a scoop, we try to pass it on. Personally, we are not selling any Compaq's without making sure the buyer knows about the new Gen IV right around the corner. Nothing sucks worse then buying something today, and finding out something better suited is available tomorrow.

I have received permission from VA to speak on the new Gen IV. The Gen IV evaporator is bigger as well as multiple other improvements. But instead of hearing it from me, I encourage anyone interested in A/C to call Walt at VA, 1 800 TOCOOLU, tell him Frank at Prodigy said to call, and ask him about the new Gen IV. Then you can decide what system to order and you can buy from whomever you want!

Here are some specs on the universal Gen IV, Camaro specs will be very similar

http://vintageair.com/cat2006/19.pdf

No and I do not think you are, I was just putting my thoughts on the systems, I have all kinds of specs and one of the new systems on the way as well. I do all kinds of tech with Vintage Air for the Magazines and like you always try to get the latest and greatest parts. Sorry if you thought I was trying to start something, I didnt mean it that way just wanted to get some of our thougths out. ;)