PDA

View Full Version : LED's in production...

AAW
01-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I've received so many emails and PM's lately asking if we had LED Lights for your specific applications, that I thought I'd provide you with a little sneak peek into what's going on in our R&D Department. This list shows what's available; what's in production; and what's currently being designed in terms of LED Lighting. Please remember the prices shown are NOT dealer pricing - simply MSRP.

I hope this helps, and thank you for letting us know what you wanted us to engineer for your cars! Keep the ideas comin'! We're listening.

http://www.americanautowire.com/images/imagelib/led-production.jpg

*some dates may change depending on the testing phase of production.

3/22/07 EDIT: Due dates listed above are no longer accurate. Production schedules are currently under review. We appreciate your patience. More information regarding this entire product line to come in the next week or two...

RedRyder
01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Just curious, but is there any talk of any LED taillights, etc for mopar applications, specifically 69 chargers?

AAW
01-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Great question!

And actually the answer boils down to this...
Our primary focus has always been GM, so we are satisfying the requests for LED Lights for the popular GM cars first. Chrysler hasn't always necessarily been a primary market for us, BUT, I just talked to R&D about your Charger, and it's definitley something we can do someday!

We just have to get through the production requirements of the items I've listed above first, which may take a little while.

We produce products based on what the customer wants/needs. So I'm adding your request to my list. I'll make a note to bring it up again at our next major R&D "wish list" meeting!

Thanks for asking & making a suggestion. :thumbsup:

novanutcase
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Theresa,

Any ETA on when the 66-67 Nova will be available? Also, are you guys going to provide a diffuser so that you don't get that "pointy LED" look?

John

McssGmachine
01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Are you guys doing any for the G-body's?

AAW
01-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Theresa,
Any ETA on when the 66-67 Nova will be available? Also, are you guys going to provide a diffuser so that you don't get that "pointy LED" look?
John

John,
I overlooked the 66-67 Nova production line when I retyped the list above. So, yes, they ARE in the design phase already so you can expect to see them available in just a few months. I'm sorry for the oversight and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There's no need for a diffuser because we're using wide angle LED's & arrange them so that they use the facets on the original lens which eliminates the spottiness. Nobody likes pointy looking LED's. :thumbsup:

Actually, there are none on our schedule for G-Bodies, but I will add it to the "wish list".

novanutcase
01-19-2007, 12:45 AM
John,
I overlooked the 66-67 Nova production line when I retyped the list above. So, yes, they ARE in the design phase already so you can expect to see them available in just a few months. I'm sorry for the oversight and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There's no need for a diffuser because we're using wide angle LED's & arrange them so that they use the facets on the original lens which eliminates the spottiness. Nobody likes pointy looking LED's. :thumbsup:

Has anyone told you that you are a goddess?? Any way I can see them in action?

John

AAW
01-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Has anyone told you that you are a goddess?
:lol: No.. no one's ever told me that before. Nice way to start the day though.

Any way I can see them in action?
Of course you can! This is the '69 Camaro lights and the Nova lights will operate exactly the same way.

All the sequential lights allow you to flip a switch so you can choose either sequential or standard LED illumination. Aesthetically, your Nova lights will appear exactly as these do.

Once we get to the test phase of the Nova LED's I'll shoot a few photos for you as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.americanautowire.com/images/imagelib/sequential-med.gif

novanutcase
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
You mean I can get sequential stop lights for the II? Cool.....I guess the disco party is at my house...........

Can I get a preview?? Pleeeeeeezzee:D

AAW
01-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Can I get a preview?? Pleeeeeeezzee:D
They're still in the design phase, but as soon as I have something to show you - you'll be the first to know. :thumbsup:

novanutcase
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks.....take a look at the build I have going on. Maybe we can do something "special"?:unibrow:

FasstGbody
02-17-2007, 10:05 AM

X2, i want some for my cutlass :cool:

deuce_454
02-18-2007, 04:13 AM

x3.. but im also a realist, so my hopes arent up

AAW
02-19-2007, 06:58 AM
x3.. but im also a realist, so my hopes arent up

I passed along your requests to R&D. Thanks for your product suggestion. I'll keep you posted. :)