PDA

View Full Version : Video-Paint is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69MyWay
04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Been at the paint shop since 6:00 a.m. This has been a LONG day. Wrapped up the clear coat around 9:30 tonight. Took a quick video.

I go back in the morning to paint the grill, spoiler, cowl, etc. and bring the car home.

I am very happy.

Click on this link, go to the bottom to find the video link. Right click and "save as" to play.

Now...it is time to get some rest!

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/69_Camaro_Resurrection.html

BC69
04-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Wow, that came out awesome!!! Stripes look good too! Did you spray it yourself, or were you having someon else do it...I know you have mentioned this I just forgot I think. Either way nice work, congrats!

Having paint on the car is really a mometum booster and makes you feel like it really is about to be done!

Thank for the Vid
Tim

rockdogz
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Looking good!!!

69MyWay
04-03-2005, 05:08 AM
After spending $1,220 on basic paint materials I decided not to risk blowing that by shooting it myself. Plus, the weather is up and down right now and I needed between 75-80 degrees for optimum paint adhesion and flow.

They guy working with me is really good and takes pride in his work. He is not your average everyday painter. He drives a nice fresh Ford Lightening, races a Haybusa, and has other nice things. His money doesn't go up his nose or into a bottle of booze.

Only got two little hangers in the paint, but he flowed the whole mixed plus gallon of PPG Concepts clear on the car. There is plenty of material to cut and buff.

tndude
04-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Man that looks really good! We need to start calling you Foose, Jr. You didn't warn me that I needed my sun glasses to look at it..... :cool:

What color is that? Can't wait to see it when you are all done. :thumbsup: