PDA

View Full Version : SSR t56 M12

mhotel1
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Is anyone familiar with the m12 out of an SSR? I am trying to see if thses are dramtically different from any of the other t56 transmissions i.e. input shaft size and length, deminsions etc.. I cannot seem to find much out there...thanks

Fotoboy
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I know that they must be similar to a c5 zo6 tranny, they are deeper geared in the first 3 gears over what they but in the stand c5, Camaro, Ta, 97 and up

Eric Bryant
01-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I have a M10 (SSR) T56 behind a LT1 in my '96 Impala SS. It has the same input shaft length as a typical LS1 T56, and the overall length is very close (if not identical). The 32-spline output shaft will accept a standard TH400 slip yoke. The shifter mounting pad is about a half-inch taller than on older T56s - you will need either an SSR shifter, or the tailshaft housing can be machined down (I chose the latter). The case isn't machined for the CAGS solenoid.

Interally, it uses lower ratios, and also has triple-cone synchronizers on 1st and 2nd, and double-cone synchs on 3rd-6th. The countershaft is now one piece. The shift rail and internal gate are slightly different, but can be swapped out for the older parts (which is what I had to do to use an LT1 midplate). If using a LS1 midplate, it's probably best just to leave the rails and gate alone.

To recap - machine down the shifter mounting pad, get the right slip yoke (which might be longer and necessitate shortening the driveshaft), and this should bolt right up to a GenIII/IV.