PDA

View Full Version : New Sponsor: Carbon Fiber Valve Covers.com

XcYZ
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Our newest sponsor is CarbonFiberValveCovers.com (http://www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com/carbonvc.htm). They have true carbon fiber valve covers for SBC, BBC, SBF, LSx, and many more. Their newest release is the LSx covers which have an added 3/4" hieght and are developed to fit most valvetrain combinations from stock to Jesel and/or roller rockers. They have fitments for all the LS series engines and are adding more fitments regularly so check out their website for the latest additions.

http://www.lateral-g.net/_banners/CFVC_400.jpg (http://www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com/carbonvc.htm)

ZZ3ElCamino
01-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Cool, I found these a while back and was thinking about picking up a set for my ZZ3.

camcojb
01-09-2007, 10:10 AM
definitely going that way!:thumbsup:

Jody

Ricochet
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Look like real nice pieces!!

Blown353
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I've owned a couple sets of various Carbon Components stuff in the past, it is nice stuff. I work with carbon fiber everyday at work for spacecraft structures so I can make a pretty quick determination on a composite part if it's decent or not.

Dave Wilbur, one of the owners, used to work for Lockheed "back in the day"-- the parts are well designed, well made, and quite pretty, probably be best CF work I've seen to date at a "consumer" level.

pushrod243
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome Scott. We are finalizing the LSx cover and should be shipping covers next week. I am excited to say Jody has ordered a set for the Maltitude's new mill and Scott has a set coming for his LS7. I cant wait to get a few of these out there. I have a set of the Big block covers on my Ramjet 502 and they still look great after 3+ years of street strip use. We are adding new covers regularly and my next valve cover will be a Big Chief Pontiac head which is mostly used in Drag racing. We are redisigning the Big Block cover to allow more valvetrain clearance for Jesel's. We are slowly introducing some Ford fitments. It should be fun. Hopefully the industry will catch on to the coolest option in valve covers and we will be able to offer carbon covers for everything on the planet someday.

If you need anything or have technical questions please give me a holler.

Just a note we now offer the covers without logos so all you see is a nice carbon cover.

Thanks John Koster
www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com
407-330-2056

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
got any pictures of these installed on a car?

pushrod243
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.scootersperformance.com/bbnova.jpg

Those are the big Blocks. I dont have any LSx covers pics on a car yet but heres a sneak preview on a motor at Sema

http://www.scootersperformance.com/carbon%20lsx.jpg

MODO Innovations
01-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I like these:thumbsup: :thumbsup: These should sell like hot cakes. Congrats on a very nice product.

ProdigyCustoms
01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I saw these, they are awesome and John is a great guy. Good Luck John.

pushrod243
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks Frank now if you can only help me convince my step father how cool they are and get him to put a set on the convertible camaro I'd appreciate it. The car is killer hopefully he will decide to keep it and let you paint it but he's got Mercedes SL500 in his head. Some guys just dont get it.

ProdigyCustoms
01-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a buyer coming in on the 23rd to see it, I think he is for real.

I would like to put a set of those covers on it and pull those Corvette covers. lets just do it next time he leaves it with me to play with for a couple months, LOL!

syborg tt
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
very nice - wish you made a set for a gm v6

pushrod243
01-10-2007, 10:31 PM
very nice - wish you made a set for a gm v6

keep watching if we have enough interest we may ad them. Shane from ATS was talking about doing them too.

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-11-2007, 08:04 AM
you guys should make a matching air cleaner..

id buy the whole thing in a second..

Blown353
01-11-2007, 09:36 AM
you guys should make a matching air cleaner..

id buy the whole thing in a second..

They do... or at least used to. Here's the CarbonComponents air cleaner I used to run, now it's on a friend's car. VERY nice piece.

I also had valve covers from them but they wouldn't clear my stud girdles... another argument that I should have gone with shaft-mount rockers.

http://home.comcast.net/~procharged69/pictures/engine/installed.jpg

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
WHERE CAN i FIND THAT!!!

Blown353
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
WHERE CAN i FIND THAT!!!

CarbonComponents used to make them, the same guys doing the valvecovers pictured on the first page which are now sold through Scooter's. I would ask and see if they still make or have any of the aircleaners left. Their kit consisted of the lid & base and the nice knurled aluminum nut, same fabric & weave as the valvecovers. It looked quite nice, and still looks nice today even 5 years later although now it's on a friends car.

I think I paid $200 for it 5 or 6 years ago, a small cost to pay for my hatred of all things polished and/or chromed under the hood-- I refused to run a chrome air cleaner. Nothing quite as satisfying as taking a scotchbrite pad to a brand new polished part. LOL.

Bill Howell
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome Scott. We are finalizing the LSx cover and should be shipping covers next week. I am excited to say Jody has ordered a set for the Maltitude's new mill and Scott has a set coming for his LS7. I cant wait to get a few of these out there. I have a set of the Big block covers on my Ramjet 502 and they still look great after 3+ years of street strip use. We are adding new covers regularly and my next valve cover will be a Big Chief Pontiac head which is mostly used in Drag racing. We are redisigning the Big Block cover to allow more valvetrain clearance for Jesel's. We are slowly introducing some Ford fitments. It should be fun. Hopefully the industry will catch on to the coolest option in valve covers and we will be able to offer carbon covers for everything on the planet someday.

If you need anything or have technical questions please give me a holler.

Just a note we now offer the covers without logos so all you see is a nice carbon cover.

Thanks John Koster
www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com
407-330-2056

Great job John. I am glad you are getting this plan going. I had the chance to look at these products in Daytona and can say these are top shelf. I wish you much success with these.:cheers:

pushrod243
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks Bill

pushrod243
01-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Did anyone else catch the covers on Hot Rod TV this morning? The pricings a little outdated but fortunately for the covers they went down. We havent sold the air cleaners in a while but I should be able to twist Daves arm to make us some now that they showed them on the powerblock...

I'll keep you posted
John

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
well then put me on the list for that AND the valve covers..

im waiting with a sweaty palm and cash in hand!:lol: