PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Air

SSDan
12-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I just bought a 46 Chevy Truck that has Vintage Air. The problem is, other than a small pull knob in the glove box and a twist knob on the dash for air volume, I don't know how to activate the unit or how to regulate the temps on the unit, much less what if I need a defroster.

Does anyone have a clue. I guess I'll have to call Vintage!

Dan Mascheck
Wharton, TX

AAW
12-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Dan,
I went to the source for you. I contacted my friend Rick Love from Vintage Air about your question. He said:

"I think the best thing to tell him would be to call Vintage Air’s Tech Line @ 800-862-6658. Any of the guys can help him figure out exactly which system he has (if it is one of ours), and we will be happy to help him download a complete set of installation and operational instructions. It sounds like he has an older vacuum operated system, and it should not be a problem. He is also pretty close to one of our better Dealers if he wants someone to take a look at it.
Have a nice New Year!
Rick"

Hope that helps!
:thumbsup:

SSDan
12-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Rick,

Thanks for going to all the trouble! I called the guy that put in the unit some time ago and he thought it was Vintage, but now is unsure if it's Vintage Air or Southern Air. I have never heard of Southern, but he will look Monday and find out for me from his notes. There is a Vintage dealer in Rosenberg I know fairly well and will probably drop by and see him once I have the title and new plates for the 46 Chevy.

Some of the work was done a bit cheesy, and I may need to get some things straightened out.

Thanks,

Dan

camcojb
12-28-2006, 10:14 AM
and thanks to Theresa for making the call! :thumbsup: We've got great supporting vendors.

Jody

SSDan
12-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I called Rick Love and he was wonderful. I am unsure after talking to the guy that put the unit in whether it is a Vintage Air unit or Southern Air. I need to find a website and or number for Southern and compare. There is a dealer in Rosenberg I can use for reference!

Rick Love is a top notch helpful person...PERIOD!

Thanks for the lead!!

Dan

SSDan
12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
After talking to the builder of my truck, he now thinks it might have been a Southern Air Unit instead of Vintage. How can you tell?

Does anyone one know Southern Air's Website?

Is there that much difference in units? All seem to use a Sanden Compressor.

Dan

Bad Bowtie
12-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Dan,
Here is Southern's link.
http://www.southernrods.com/
Look at the heating and cooling link.

I have used their universal kit in a 66 nova I built before Vintage Air had their kit available. Their system worked great and it was an a/c and heat unit. I have since viewed the vintage air system for the novas and they look very similiar in appearance. Hope the link is what you were looking for.
BB

P.S. I posted this over at PT.com too.

SSDan
12-31-2006, 12:59 PM
I've seen this site, but it's not Southern Air's site. It's another companies that sells Southern Air Products. What I need is a telephone number to Southern Air.

Thank Dan

SSDan
12-31-2006, 01:01 PM
What is PT.com?? What is the site address?

Dan

Bad Bowtie
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Dan,
http://www.pro-touring.com/ You posted this info request there too.
Sorry it wasnt what you were looking for :(
BB

SSDan
12-31-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm on Pro Touring, but never got a notice!

Thanks for the reply!!

Dan