PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Dynamics

lowboy
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Just a shot out to the guys @ LD (Mark and Matt). Received they're 3-link kit a couple days ago for my 69 Camaro and the fabrication work is incredible. The welding quality on these pieces is second to none. Dealing with LD is a little unorthodox due to the fact that they are small and very busy and I am a compulsive guy (I want things NOW!). But, I have had a number of conversations w/Mark (fantastic guy) and I am very pleased with how things have worked out. Like most of you, I am just a car hobbyist (nut) who has a passion for performance, but, a little nervous in my abilities to tackle such a project. But, I can honestly say that after my discussions w/Mark, I am very confident and am looking forward to getting started. I am actually less nervous about this install than I was when I installed DSE subframe connectors which was the first time I cut into my car. This post is geared to you guys (like me) that play in you're garage, with what little spare time you have, and may be a little intimidated by such a project. Once I get started, I'll chime in and report progress. :)

XcYZ
12-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Once I get started, I'll chime in and report progress. :)

Please do. :thumbsup:

Bowtieracing
12-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks Lowboy!!

Plese keep us informed. Did you heard anything about LDs new parts or products :cool:

mazspeed
12-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Mark is one of the coolest guys around. We chatted for about an hour one time and just filled me with info. Id love to have one of his kits on my car. Let us know how you do.

lowboy
12-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Bowtieracing,

They are working on upper and lower control arms for the first gen. which I have already pre-ordered.

Mean 69
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys. We are poised for some nice growth in the next short period, which will be very nice and will allow us to grow a bit in terms of personnel, which is sorely needed at this point. I can't say how much I appreciate all of our current and prospective' customers patience for the current business situation, it IS hard to get in touch with us, but when we finally chat with folks, I feel pretty strongly that we generate a deeper appreciation for our knowledge and approach to products and performance.

I look forward to Dave's (lowboy) candid comments on the install, and any further insight he and any others share. Cutting a car IS intimidating the first time you do it, but once you get over that fear, installing this setup is on par with a mini-tub job, it's not really bad at all. Certainly no worse than any other suspension kit that is more than a bolt in affair, and probably easier than most.

A quick note on the control arms, yes, we are WELL into the development of the first, and second gen F body arms (different, obviously). They will be a little different than the other setups on the market, both in terms of appearance, and function, we are pretty stoked up about them. We'll post some shots of pieces in the next couple weeks, along with the release and availability (the first several sets are already spoken for). They are going to be very, very sweet, and will work perfectly with the ATS AFX spindles and their new coil-over conversion setup.

Cheers, folks, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Mark