PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson anyone going?

mazspeed
12-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I just got my tickets and will be going down either Thursday night or Friday morning. So who is going?

3kidsnotime
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
I am, and I think Brian "a few good things" Stupski is going :cheers: , I hope blakeaz33 is going its only a few miles from his house

57hemicuda
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM
My Cuda is going off at 12:25 on Sat.Lot 1225 .I'll be there Wed to Sun,but My stomach is in knots now,I'll probably be vomiting come auction day.

ottatyme
12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I am, and I think Brian "a few good things" Stupski is going :cheers: , I hope blakeaz33 is going its only a few miles from his house
Yep... and I'm leaving most of my goodness at home, Jeff! :_paranoid

mazspeed
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
My Cuda is going off at 12:25 on Sat.Lot 1225 .I'll be there Wed to Sun,but My stomach is in knots now,I'll probably be vomiting come auction day.
What are you looking to get for that in auction? That's a awesome looking car and if it's within my price range Ill bid on it. What day is it going?

57hemicuda
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
The car goes off Saturday at 12:25,and I have no idea what it will {wait I've got throw up in my mouth}lol. go for.The car was May car of the month here,and is a feature car in the latest edition of Mopar Action Mag. http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/. But seriously I'm nervous as hell. Ron

XcYZ
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm pulling for you, Ron. Hope the auction goes well for you. :thumbsup:

mazspeed
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I just showed my father your can Ron, and he said that it will be out of our price range. He was thinking good 6 figures. He might be right since it's going on Saturday.

rocketman
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm look at lot # 1034,it's a Mike Adams built 65 corvette convert.There's acouple other car's I'm looking at.I have resevations,but may stay home and internet bid.

vintageracer
12-21-2006, 08:25 AM
I'll be there on Monday the first of the week!

57hemicuda
12-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm pulling for you, Ron. Hope the auction goes well for you. :thumbsup:
Thanks Scott,Was that your ride in Hot Rodding this month,Pretty sexy looking

XcYZ
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Yes it was. Thanks. :)

Bill Howell
12-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Sunday thru the next Monday here. :thumbsup:

mazspeed
12-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Sunday thru the next Monday here. :thumbsup:
We will be there, we should hook up.

bob johnson
12-25-2006, 08:17 AM
I'll be there on Monday the first of the week!
bring the limo byatch..

bob johnson
12-25-2006, 08:25 AM

you will run much later than 12:25...I'm 1290 and that should hit 8:00 or so...they run approx 20 per hour until they hit the big buck stuff..

Bill Howell
12-25-2006, 09:05 AM
We will be there, we should hook up.

Sounds good to me. We should set something up and have a get together with everyone that will be out there. If we did something on Wednesday or Thursday night, we would not miss anything big at the auction (s). Maybe some of the local guys could set up something. I want to do the Pavillions this time too, I think that is Friday night? I will bring Bob, if I can get a muzzle on him first. :lol:

1970cuda
12-25-2006, 11:39 AM
The Pavillons is Saturday night. Lets all try to set up something when you are in town.

bob johnson
12-25-2006, 01:59 PM
The Pavillons is Saturday night. Lets all try to set up something when you are in town.

Sat. the 13th or the 20th??..our cars run the 20th..I don't think I'll be going anywhere on the 20th but I'd like to on the 13th...muzzle and all..I not going to wear that black vinyl S&M head cover with all those zippers,buckles, and rivets etc. you put on Grayson Jim's head...

tracy
12-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I will be there..but I have not decided which day I will show up yet..Can't wait.

mazspeed
12-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Sounds good to me. We should set something up and have a get together with everyone that will be out there. If we did something on Wednesday or Thursday night, we would not miss anything big at the auction (s). Maybe some of the local guys could set up something. I want to do the Pavillions this time too, I think that is Friday night? I will bring Bob, if I can get a muzzle on him first. :lol:

Yeah that sounds great. We will have tosee how many go to see who can meet up. You bidding anything? Ill also e-mail you when it gets closer to the event.

1970cuda
12-25-2006, 03:37 PM
It runs every Saturday night and is the longest continually running weekly car show in the USA. It started in the late 1980's.

57hemicuda
12-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately I can't get away,and won't get there until Wed til Sun,but I think I'll be able to keep food down long enough to go eat something.I've never been to Scottsdale and have no clue what the town is like,I'm sure its packed that week.

Bill Howell
12-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah that sounds great. We will have tosee how many go to see who can meet up. You bidding anything? Ill also e-mail you when it gets closer to the event.

My bid limit is so low, I won't be able to buy a double of :captain: ! :lol:

mazspeed
12-26-2006, 09:32 PM
My bid limit is so low, I won't be able to buy a double of :captain: ! :lol:
You and I might be able to go in on those gravity cars. :D

Bill Howell
12-26-2006, 09:55 PM
There is always a great selection of automobilia (sp?) for sale. I have always wanted one of the tall 30's era gas pumps but was able to get one earlier this year in Charlotte. Cool stuff to look at though.

57hemicuda
12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't think the airline is going to be liking me too much on the flight home.My wife will probably keep me at bay though Ron

mazspeed
12-26-2006, 10:11 PM
There is always a great selection of automobilia (sp?) for sale. I have always wanted one of the tall 30's era gas pumps but was able to get one earlier this year in Charlotte. Cool stuff to look at though.
Yeah that would be cool, do they auction that stuff off as well? Where on the website did you see that?

Bill Howell
12-26-2006, 10:15 PM
They do auction some of it off, but mostly it is vendors there in the tent and outside.

mazspeed
12-26-2006, 10:17 PM
They do auction some of it off, but mostly it is vendors there in the tent and outside.
Ok cool. I would not mind picking some stuff up for my garage.

Bill Howell
12-26-2006, 10:22 PM
There will be all kinds of stuff, signs (plain, lighted,neon), clocks, pumps. Cool pictures by several different artists. Plus tons of toys, pedal cars, etc. If it is automotive related, it will be there.

buickfunnycar.com
12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Went last year,great theater indeed! :thumbsup:
Just returned from a 11-day cruise so looks like B-J will be out this year.
40 hrs of TV coverage will keep me amused I'm sure...

57hemicuda
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
My car loaded up and heading to Scottsdale.

mazspeed
01-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone have any last minute hotel info? My other plans fell though, but we are still going. Trying to find a hotel/condo now.

fesler
01-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Hello All, I am new to the site and will have a booth out at the Barrett Jackon show if you are interested in coming by to check out our wheels or insane rides we build. Just look for Fesler Built we are just south of the tent and east of the staging lanes about two rows over. I will have two 69 camaros, 67 blazer and a 07 Denali in our booth and a 05 Mustang GT in the Panasonic booth inside the big tent. Stop by and say hi and if you are in the market we can build any ride you are looking to do.

www.feslerbuilt.com or www.fesler3piece.com

mazspeed
01-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Hello All, I am new to the site and will have a booth out at the Barrett Jackon show if you are inerested in coming by to check out our wheels or insane rides we build. Just look for Fesler Built we are just south of the tent and east of the staging lanes about two rows over. I will have two 69 camaros, 67 blazer and a 07 Denali in our booth and a 05 Mustang GT in the Panasonic booth inside the big tent. Stop by and say hi

www.feslerbuilt.com or www.fesler3piece.com

Ill check it out when I'm done there since I'm in the market for a new set of wheels for my camaro.

mazspeed
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Bill, I e-mailed you, I'm in town. Check your g-mail.

xplantdad
01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
There will be all kinds of stuff, signs (plain, lighted,neon), clocks, pumps. Cool pictures by several different artists. Plus tons of toys, pedal cars, etc. If it is automotive related, it will be there.

Where is that Bill Howell guy hiding out anyways???

I've been all over B-J looking for him:_paranoid

mazspeed
01-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Where is that Bill Howell guy hiding out anyways???

I've been all over B-J looking for him:_paranoid

I am too. :captain:

fesler
01-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Ill check it out when I'm done there since I'm in the market for a new set of wheels for my camaro.

It was nice meeting you today and I hope you liked the wheels, hopefully one day we can do something for you. Your car is sick looking and good luck with finishing it up. enjoy the show

fesler
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Is everyone enjoying the show? I am a member of the press and have been covering the show for years but this year they have decided that they are not allowing the press up by the cars. I am covering the show for several people but wont be able to get the cars on the block this year. I dont understand the reason for what they do and they really make it hard for the press to do there job. I also have a booth there and let me tell you they do not care about the venders at all. I hope that who ever attends the show is having a better time.

mazspeed
01-19-2007, 12:54 AM
It was nice meeting you today and I hope you liked the wheels, hopefully one day we can do something for you. Your car is sick looking and good luck with finishing it up. enjoy the show
Hey Chris, I enjoyed meeting you as well. I really like your cars. I made a few bids today, but came up short. So I have one more day of bidding to see how broke I'm going to be for some wheels. :willy:
Like your custom fab work as well.

xplantdad
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Did ya find Bill Howell yet??? LOL:_paranoid

mazspeed
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Did ya find Bill Howell yet??? LOL:_paranoid

Yep sure did. Hell of a guy too. Very nice. Thanks for introducing me to everyone as well Bill. You know you're in the cool hot rod crowd when Bill Goldberg comes up and starts to chat with them.

xplantdad
01-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Well I made progress...He's supposed to call tomorrow!:willy:

I saw Goldberg hanging around today, too

mazspeed
01-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone know what #1225 went for?

xplantdad
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Never saw Bill:(

I don't think he was there...LOL:D

MarkM66
01-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Anyone know what #1225 went for?

$82,500

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appstest2/carlist/carresults.aspx?auctionid=221&startrange=1200&endrange=1400&numberperpage=300&orderby=2&showfinalprice=true

Probably not a happy camper either.

mazspeed
01-20-2007, 10:05 PM
$82,500

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appstest2/carlist/carresults.aspx?auctionid=221&startrange=1200&endrange=1400&numberperpage=300&orderby=2&showfinalprice=true

Probably not a happy camper either.
Oh man, that car was worth so much more. I could have bought that thing if I would have stayed.

Bill Howell
01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Well I made progress...He's supposed to call tomorrow!:willy:

I saw Goldberg hanging around today, too

LOL Bruce, I guess we just missed each other. I was standing beside Bill G when the Ramcharger was on the block. Your voicemail was fuzzy and I could not make out the numbers. I called about 5 people but none knew you. Next time bud.
I was there when the Cuda when thru too, but that's another story.

mazspeed
01-20-2007, 10:39 PM
LOL Bruce, I guess we just missed each other. I was standing beside Bill G when the Ramcharger was on the block. Your voicemail was fuzzy and I could not make out the numbers. I called about 5 people but none knew you. Next time bud.
How's Bob doing?

Bill Howell
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
He has had a cold all week and not felt good. As far as the car goes, he would have loved to have gotten more, but he knows he did all he could to get all it would do, so he is good with that.
The only sad thing to me is the car is going to a place in Fl that will never do anything with it. The Cuda will now just be another piece of carart.

mazspeed
01-20-2007, 11:43 PM
He has had a cold all week and not felt good. As far as the car goes, he would have loved to have gotten more, but he knows he did all he could to get all it would do, so he is good with that.
The only sad thing to me is the car is going to a place in Fl that will never do anything with it. The Cuda will now just be another piece of carart.
He seems like a real nice guy. I'm sorry he didn't get more for it. You guys know the new owner? He's not going to drive it?? That's a shame.

xplantdad
01-20-2007, 11:55 PM

Bill...you betcha! We'll hook up sometime soon!

I have one more place to go to tomorrow...and it ain't B-J...but way cooler!:willy:

Bruce

xplantdad
01-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Yahoo!:willy: :willy: :willy:

I met up with Bill Howell finally...he was hanging around an industrial complex.

It was a pleasure to meet up with you Bill...though it was only for a short time! :D

Bruce

mazspeed
01-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Yahoo!:willy: :willy: :willy:

I met up with Bill Howell finally...he was hanging around an industrial complex.

It was a pleasure to meet up with you Bill...though it was only for a short time! :D

Bruce

Bill's a real good guy. Top's in my book to be sure. Plus he knows everybody.

Bill Howell
01-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Back at ya guys. It is always great to meet more people from the boards and see old friends, even the Jackasses....lol
Bruce, great to finally see you on Sunday after hitting and missing all week. What a cool shop huh??? I got many pictures I will post as soon as I get home. Still in Chicago right now, another delayed flight......

Mike, great to hang with you the other day too. It's not that I know everyone, I just go alot and get to meet different ones at different shows.

Ron, great to meet you finally also. I am sorry the car did not bring the money, but that seemed to be the way it went this year.

Of course, cheers to all the AirRide guys, you too Peggy.....lol

Tracy, Charley, Mark, Mike and everyone else, great seeing everyone again and I look forward to Power Tour.

Chris, I really hate I missed you at your booth, but that is how it goes, next time I will get your number and call.:cheers:

tracy
01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Is everyone enjoying the show? I am a member of the press and have been covering the show for years but this year they have decided that they are not allowing the press up by the cars. I am covering the show for several people but wont be able to get the cars on the block this year. I dont understand the reason for what they do and they really make it hard for the press to do there job. I also have a booth there and let me tell you they do not care about the venders at all. I hope that who ever attends the show is having a better time.

I would guess that they have a special deal with speed channel for some level of exclusivity on the event...this would explain why they would not allow press on the block.

tracy
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Back at ya guys. It is always great to meet more people from the boards and see old friends, even the Jackasses....lol
Bruce, great to finally see you on Sunday after hitting and missing all week. What a cool shop huh??? I got many pictures I will post as soon as I get home. Still in Chicago right now, another delayed flight......

Mike, great to hang with you the other day too. It's not that I know everyone, I just go alot and get to meet different ones at different shows.

Tracy, Charley, Mark, Mike and everyone else, great seeing everyone again and I look forward to Power Tour.

Chris, I really hate I missed you at your booth, but that is how it goes, next time I will get your number and call.:cheers:

Bill, it was great seeing you at BJ. I got a real kick out of hanging out with you guys during the Cuda staging...lots of excitement. I was pretty dissapointed with the outcome on the Cuda. I guess you never know how these things are going to go.

Bill Howell
01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
The main reason for the media not getting onstage is the fact that there are just too many people onstage already. Two years ago a bidder and his guest could go on stage, now just the bidder and the stage is still insanely crowded. Too damn many people wanting to be on TV. You can see them really easy too, they are the fools talking on the cell phone and looking at the camera, not the car up for sale.

xplantdad
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Bruce, great to finally see you on Sunday after hitting and missing all week. What a cool shop huh???

I got many pictures I will post as soon as I get home. Still in Chicago right now, another delayed flight......

Bill...I took some pics in the "Industrial complex" this year, too! You do the posting of yours from this year...there have been some changes from last January (besides the weather..LOL) Like I said...it was great to talk with you...though it was very brief... :(

Check out my post from the Y-Net last year...

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/185680/an/0/page/108#185680

BTW, travel safe!

fesler
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
The main reason for the media not getting onstage is the fact that there are just too many people onstage already. Two years ago a bidder and his guest could go on stage, now just the bidder and the stage is still insanely crowded. Too damn many people wanting to be on TV. You can see them really easy too, they are the fools talking on the cell phone and looking at the camera, not the car up for sale.

You said it, the problem is when you are trying to cover the cars going over the block its hard to do when you are far away. Everytime I was around the block most of the people where up there to be on TV just like you said and I complained about it a few times but they told me not my problem.

Now I think that I had a hard time getting up there because of Speed they tried to get me kicked out last year because I was doing my job and I stay out of there way but the Camera over head kept getting me and they were mad. But I have a job to do as well and that is to get the coverage to the magazines so people can see what happens at the show. Its just as important as what they are doing and its free coverage. But Speed pays for it so they get what they want.

Lets do our own show so we can split the $28+mill they made this year:woot:

MarkM66
01-23-2007, 09:23 AM

I noticed the guy with the Tennessee hat always has his son up there with him. I guess the high rollers get special treatment.

steemin
01-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I noticed the guy with the Tennessee hat always has his son up there with him. I guess the high rollers get special treatment.

What would you expect if you dropped several million every year?:D
Scott

57hemicuda
01-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh man, that car was worth so much more. I could have bought that thing if I would have stayed.
Is it me,or did I get violated.The guy that bought the car,offered me 10,000 more then he ended up paying for it the day before it left for Scottsdale.They told me it would go off at 12:25 they rushed it on at 11:20 bypassing the photo tent and rushing it over the block.After the block,I saw at least 2 people coming in the tent that said they were bidding on the car.Don't even get me started on Bob Johnsons car,it was worth so much more then any Cobra

XcYZ
01-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow, violated is an understatement. That really sucks.

steemin
01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Is it me,or did I get violated.The guy that bought the car,offered me 10,000 more then he ended up paying for it the day before it left for Scottsdale.They told me it would go off at 12:25 they rushed it on at 11:20 bypassing the photo tent and rushing it over the block.After the block,I saw at least 2 people coming in the tent that said they were bidding on the car.Don't even get me started on Bob Johnsons car,it was worth so much more then any Cobra

That is a bummer..
I would never have the balls to put a car in a no reserve auction.:wow:
Scott

MarkM66
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I heard that there are a few guys suing B-J for closing the bids to early. Something about Goldberg buying a couple himi cudas for way less then market value. Owners are stating B-J intentionally closed the bids early so their buddy Goldberg gets the cars at a great deal.

All hearsay at this point, just something I heard.

vintageracer
01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I spent the week at all the auctions. Lots of what can be best described as "auction cars"! The quality of cars at BJ was down significantly and was reflected in the sale price of many cars.

Clones were out of favor big time and not just Hemi clones. The distaste for clones spread to Chevy's as 1 COPO with no documentation SOLD for $60K at Russo & Steele. This was a nice car with no documentation but was completely correctly date coded and stamped. The seller described the car as "presumably" as COPO since everything on the car was correct. He stated although he could not prove it was a COPO, he also could not prove it was not a COPO. Sounds like Bull**** to me!

Of the 5-6 1970 Chevelle 396/454 convertibles there only 2 were good, correct documented cars with real paperwork. The others were pretty but had bad documentation or pretty restorations with incorrect components. While the cars had slick paint, interiors and trim, there were lots of little problems with these cars that were evident to 70 Chevelle enthusiasts that made you question the quality of the restoration since the cars were not correct. Example would be that ALL the 70 SS convertibles with A/C had 71-72 compressor brackets. Yes, the 71-72 brackets are much cheaper and easier to obtain but why spend that much money on a restoration and skimp on something so obvious. Another issue was incorrct PS pumps and repo brake boosters without the "Delco Moraine" logo. Simple stuff however if the restorer cannot get this simple stuff correct, what about the real meet and pototoes of the restoration. Lot's of restamps on many of all the Chevy's presented for auction.

Price wise, Mustangs were up, Boss 302's doubled in price. Corvettes were flat to slightly lower for good cars, Chevelles were flat. Camaro's were flat to slightly down although there were a lot less Camaro's there this year when compared to 2006. Hemi's were down and clones got killed. Nice finned cars brought rain! Noticed I said NICE!

Overall I do not think that the prices were down significantly although one migh THINK it appeared that way. What WAS DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY was the number of quality cars for sale. With 5 auctions over 2 weeks that have almost 3000 cars for sale, the lack of quality should NOT BE A SUPRISE!!!!