PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

JimM
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm a regular at Team Camaro, and Jody (camcojb) suggested I take a look at what you guys have to offer here. So far, I like what I see, and I'm glad to be here.

For just a lil info on me, I'm 47, married with 3 sons, own my own business and have been a certifiable car nut since I was 13. I do all my own work on my cars and try to do it well. I don't really have a ton of money to spend on toys, but I try to make up for it with attention to detail.

My daily driver is a 2004 Silverado SS, and my fun ride is a 68 Camaro convertible. I've had the Camaro 6 years, and have done some mods / improvments to it every winter. This years, it's getting the works, including more power, lots of detailing under the hood, all new dash and guages, and paint.

Here's last years pic:

JimM
03-29-2005, 11:36 AM
One reason I'm here is to see if anyone would like to participate in a group purchase. I'm going to have these guys design and build a custom alluminum radiator shroud for my car http://www.mahaffeymotorsports.com/FanShrouds.htm They've offered a 20% discount if they build 5 the same. That would make the cost $200 each.

The shroud will fit a 67-68 Camaro, small block, with 21" stock type radiator (will fit thicker cores) and an engine driven fan. It will attach in a similar manner as the original. If I can get some '69 measurments, we can modify the design so it will fit all 3 years.

If anyone is interested, let me know. These guys do great work, and saving $50 is always a good thing.

XcYZ
03-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Welcome, Jim! Glad you like what you've seen so far. :)

I have to believe that the group purchase of the custom shrouds would go over well. They look pretty trick.

907rs
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Welcome Jim. You'll see that we love our first gens here. :D I'd love to hear more about your car!

JimM
03-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Your wish is my command, Bill! (I love to talk about my car, that's even more fun than talking about other peoples cars!)

Itsa '68 Base vert, with #'s matching 327-275. Originally a powerglide car, one of my first mods was putting an M20 in it, which I managed for less than a grand total. Other things on the 327 include Dart Iron Eagle 180's, perf RPM & 1406 carb Accell breakerles dist, and ceramic hookers w/ flow 17139 system.

Suspension's completely rebuilt, including energy suspension bushing new noog everything, adco bar, kyb gas-a-justs, and a lil freebie called the guldstrand mod.

Wheels and tires were new last spring, Cragar SS in 16x7 and 17x8, wearing Goodyear F1 tires.

Doin the biggie on it this winter, striped from the firewall forward, cleaned painted chromed polished and detailed everything, gutted the interior and replace(ing) everthing, new tictoc tach, a/m console guages, new knobs and vents and all that stuff. Engine went back in last weekend, time to start sanding now. I've got 2 months till ragtop season, and need to shoot a fresh coat of Lemans Blue PPG BC/CC w/ white SS stripes.

JimM
03-29-2005, 06:52 PM
hmmm, my pc wierded out for a minute there... at least I didn't lose my post. Lets try some pics.
ok, got a couple to upload. one is the car, last summer, the other is the motor after installation last weekend (twice, sorry)

camcojb
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Glad you made it over here Jim! Great group of guys here, you'll recognize some of them from the Camaro board. Have fun, take a look around, and get that group purchase posted up in that section. That's some very nice stuff those guys do.

Jody

JimM
03-29-2005, 07:45 PM
tx again, Jody. i did put that up in gp a lil bit ago, we'll see if I get some nibbles. mine's ordered as of today regardless, hopefully there's a few non-electric fan relics 'round here who need to dress it up a lil more and we can all save a few $$.

907rs
03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Sweet Jim! Be sure to keep us in the loop with your progress :) .

BC69
03-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey Jim...welcome over here. I recognize you are a big poster over at TC...I am tl757 over there. I have issues with keeping the same forums names.

Anyway...welcome. Good luck with the GP, nice to save some money.

Tim