PDA

View Full Version : Wich dash pad with DSE dash and wintage ac?

Bowtieracing
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hello!!

I want to use DSEs 69 camaro dash insert with out stock heater controller

http://www.detroitspeed.com/images/Interior/dash_insert_lg.jpg

And still use the ac from vintage air. Wich dash pad should i choose? With or with out ac model ? And where have you put the vintage air ac/heat controller ?

Thanks!

ProdigyCustoms
12-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I would use a factory dash and vent. You can mount the control it the dash insert, console, or hide the control in the glove box. When you get ready, check us out over at GPSuperStore.com. We have complete Compaq packages just for Camaros with everything you need including vents, adapters, brackets, the works, all at Group Purchase pricing.

Payton King
12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
It uses a stock dash pad. I am running vintage a/c as well and I am using the stock dash pad for cars with A/C. I wanted to keep the stock center vent.

Controller is mounted on the dash. Take a look a Stuart Adams yellow camaro either here or on DSE's website. They have a photo of exactly how he layed out his dash...and I stole his layout.

Bowtieracing
12-04-2006, 04:07 PM
It uses a stock dash pad. I am running vintage a/c as well and I am using the stock dash pad for cars with A/C. I wanted to keep the stock center vent.

Controller is mounted on the dash. Take a look a Stuart Adams yellow camaro either here or on DSE's website. They have a photo of exactly how he layed out his dash...and I stole his layout.

Hello Payton!

This actually answered my question. I wast sure is the dash insert related to dash pad. So i will order ac dash pad and dash with out stock ac / heat.

But i would like to put more instruments on that dash than Stuart has and would like to use this controller : http://www.vintageair.com/images/image001.jpg

Could this be mounted in the place or radio ?

ProdigyCustoms
12-04-2006, 05:45 PM
No problem mounting that control in place of the radio. BTW, we can price it dash pad and all and save money on everything.

Bowtieracing
12-05-2006, 12:38 AM
No problem mounting that control in place of the radio. BTW, we can price it dash pad and all and save money on everything.

Thank you Frank!!! That a good idea!!!! :thumbsup: