PDA

View Full Version : power trunk lift

jeff hanson
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a power trunk lid lift that will also keep it down tight when closed so I can lose the latch? I've seen the typical street rod ones out there, just wondering if anyones done it on a camaro. If yes, please let me know asap so I can set up any kind of bracket in the trunk that I might need. The car is at the body shop now and I want to get it done before paint obviously. Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

MODO Innovations
12-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Jeff,
I have 2 questions, are you just trying to get rid of the key lock for a cleaner look? Or is your main goal to have a power lift lid?

If you are just trying to get rid of the key lock, I have a solution for you, it is our electric trunk release kit for the 1st Gen Camaros.

Modo Innovations P/N MI 800 (http://www.modoinnovations.com/id12.html)

jeff hanson
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Jeff,
I have 2 questions, are you just trying to get rid of the key lock for a cleaner look? Or is your main goal to have a power lift lid?

If you are just trying to get rid of the key lock, I have a solution for you, it is our electric trunk release kit for the 1st Gen Camaros.

Modo Innovations P/N MI 800 (http://www.modoinnovations.com/id12.html)
I want a power lift and close. I just need to make sure that the unit has enough pulling power to push the seal in and make the trunk lid flush all the way around without using a latch at all. I think I found one today from Downs mfg. that they used on a 69. I talked to them today about it and it sounds like it's what I'm looking for. Thanks though.

MODO Innovations
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Cool.

Best of luck and post some pics when you get it done.

One concern though, make sure it pulls down evenly on both sides so it won't tweak the lid.

atomicjoe23
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Jeff,

what did you end up doing with the trunk?

jeff hanson
02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Jeff,

what did you end up doing with the trunk?
I got a kit, if you want to call it that, from Downs mfg. They basically took their kit for a street rod and provided a solid piece of bar stock to go from side to side (to tie the 2 hinges together) with a piece welded in the middle to mount the cylinder to. We had to do some fab work to get everything to work. Know that it's all done, it looks sweet and is completely hidden from view. We were able to eliminate the latch as well to clean it up even more. The cylinder has plenty of pressure to keep it down tight. I'll take some pics tommorow and post em.:thumbsup: