PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Lines?

Shawn Strunk
11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
I am building a '69 Camaro and it's a custom build. We are ready to run fuel lines. We are thinking of running 1/2 inch braided steele fuel line from the tank all the way up to the mechanical fuel pump. I have been told that I don't want to do that, but if I am going to, I should use teflon inner coated braided fuel line. Apparently the teflon tubing prevents the fuel from permeating through the rubber tubing.

I realize I should run as much hard line as I can because the rubber tubing simply won't last as long and fuel smell can permeate the rubber over time. Should I use the teflon tubing? Can I run it the length of the car and be ok? Any thoughts or experience on this subject?

Thanks,
Shawn

camcojb
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I am building a '69 Camaro and it's a custom build. We are ready to run fuel lines. We are thinking of running 1/2 inch braided steele fuel line from the tank all the way up to the mechanical fuel pump. I have been told that I don't want to do that, but if I am going to, I should use teflon inner coated braided fuel line. Apparently the teflon tubing prevents the fuel from permeating through the rubber tubing.

I realize I should run as much hard line as I can because the rubber tubing simply won't last as long and fuel smell can permeate the rubber over time. Should I use the teflon tubing? Can I run it the length of the car and be ok? Any thoughts or experience on this subject?

Thanks,
Shawn

I always use hard line for the majority of the length, with flexible braided for areas that may have movement. Although I use stainless hard lines which is tougher to work with, aluminum is very forgiving and does a nice job.

Jody

3kidsnotime
11-28-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree with Jody I would try to run as much hard line as you can, If you are having a hard time in bends you can run hard line inside the rocker area and then use a union on each end to continue. :thumbsup:

MrPushrod
12-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Any braided line will be fine front to back.
I have 2 fuel systems on my car, both have returns.
My nitrous kit has it's own fuel system.
I used the aeroquip -8an socketless hose and fittings.
It's 1/2 the price of braided line. Look into that stuff.