PDA

View Full Version : Lowering question

MaxHarvard
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I just installed my 2" lowering springs from Hotchkis in my camaro and it appears to be lower, and i measured the body height and it is lower... only by about 1"

Do these things settle in or what?

I know i put them in correctly because when i measured the ride height both sides were equal.

funny thing was, the passenger side tire now has a ton of camber and the driver has next to nothing!! its kinda odd, but i knew i'd need an alignment after putting them in. Is that kind of thing normal?

Ummgawa
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I'll probably get Hollered at, Eric, but you'l probably have to cut out 1 and 1/2 coils to get 3 inches of drop. They never seem to settle the full amount.

By the way, the column is 210.00 but they don't have any right now. FYI.

XcYZ
03-21-2005, 03:33 PM
I agree with Jim, they will settle, but never as much as you'd like.

MaxHarvard
03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I agree with Jim, they will settle, but never as much as you'd like.

Jim, Scott. thanks for the info, they were only a 2" drop, i didnt want to go too radical.

I hope they settle in a month or two.. i'll keep measuring periodically.

MarkM66
03-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I asked Hotchkis about the setteling issue. They said they might settle 1/8". Probably going to have to cut them if you want it lower. I did.

MaxHarvard
03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I asked Hotchkis about the setteling issue. They said they might settle 1/8". Probably going to have to cut them if you want it lower. I did.

What about the weird alignment issue i'm having?

One tire has tons of camber, while the other is very negative camber. Like a nascar style car where they all lean to one side.

907rs
03-23-2005, 10:21 AM
What about the weird alignment issue i'm having?

One tire has tons of camber, while the other is very negative camber. Like a nascar style car where they all lean to one side.

You didn't remove the upper A-arms did you? Do you have a pic?