PDA

View Full Version : Hey from a new guy

oldzzy
03-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey guys new here and this site is awesome! I have a 70 Olds Cutlass S that i am cloning into a W31. I was planning on lowering it and putting 18's out back and 17's in front. I am having somewhat of a dilema on what to do for suspension and brakes for up front. I had 4 wheel pwr drums and am planning to convert to discs on all 4 corners but due to the money factor i am going to do just the front for now. I had thought of going the 2" drop spindles with discs but i am not sure yet, anyone have any thoughts or advise on this? Anyway here's the link to my car.. http://www.cardomain.com/id/oldzzy

camcojb
03-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Welcome Shane! Cool looking car for sure. What is your budget for front brakes?

Jody

XcYZ
03-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks Shane, glad you like what we have here.

Now lets see what we can do for brakes for you. :thumbsup:

oldzzy
03-18-2005, 10:02 PM
i was hoping for around 1000.

907rs
03-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Welcome Shane. :) Good to see another non-chevy A body done up in the pro-touring fashion. Be sure to keep us updated.

rwhite692
03-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey Shane, nice looking car! Given the budget, you may be able to do C5 fronts and LS1 rear discs. There are a few photos at the link below of what I did for a budget brake upgrade. Welcome to lateral-g!

-Rob

Roger Poirier
11-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey guys new here and this site is awesome! I have a 70 Olds Cutlass S that i am cloning into a W31. [/url]

Where do you stand on your poject? Any new details as to what you are going to do or have done? I love the car. What color?

R.P.

oldzzy
11-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Not to much new really. I finally got the car mounted on the rotisserie, but since i have no heat in my garage it's in hibernation till spring :( . The car will look pretty much exactly like the one in my avator (black n white). I am toying with the idea of bagging the car and putting 18x8's on the front and 20x10's on the rear. Intro Vista's were the rim i was thinking on going with. For the brakes i really like Touring Classics C5 setup for the front and the 12" setup for the rears. The project seems to be moving slowly as there always seems to be bills to pay and other things to buy, but i am trying not to get to discouraged about the time it is taking. I think it is pretty cool to see a lot of A bodies starting to appear to this site tho, it keeps me daydreaming of the day my car will be finished!

hotwheels
11-20-2005, 09:55 PM
welcome oldzzy...........hope you really enjoy lateral-g