PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a magazine called "Pickups and Panel Trucks"

SSDan
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm buying a 1946 Chevy pickup. It has some small blemishes on the paint I want to touch up and I have a problem fiinding out the paint color so it can be matched!

The original owner had the truck shown in a magazine called "Pickups and Panel Trucks". I have never heard of it, but am trying to find a source! The article gives the color. The man got a divorce and moved out of the area and is no longer available!

The truck is a unique color, although I heard a story that the truck was painted colors that were Chevy colors 17 years ago.

If anyone has a solution I would appreciate it!

Dan Mascheck
Wharton, TX

BBPanel
11-02-2006, 10:36 PM
The original owner had the truck shown in a magazine called "Pickups and Panel Trucks". I have never heard of it, but am trying to find a source! The article gives the color.

PnP stopped publishing quite a few years ago - there was talk about them coming back but I never heard that they did. I have quite a few old issues - any idea what month/year? Is the truck on the cover? My mags are packed away but I might be able to take a quick look. -Bob

SSDan
11-03-2006, 06:41 AM
If you can send me your email address I can send you some photo's and more background data! Thanks...I thought for a while the magazine never existed.

My address is: [email protected]