PDA

View Full Version : rambler update/wheels/ update

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
ok guys

im going to post the wheels that i ordered for the car .18x8.5 and 18x9.5.this is same wheels but from a different place .....now i know they are not HRE or billet custom cut fancy wheels.i had plans for billet wheels from billet specailties but i have little time to get the car done and i havent worked in 2 1/2 weeks. i like the look.kinda like fiske...so DONT HAMMER me on the cheap wheels . i think they will look good. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7958801775&category=43958
today i have aligned my hood to as perfect as it could be it was also a lil low just above the left hood hinge so i tweaked it .its perfect.gaps are perfect.
i did finish welding on my fabbed core support. i also did some on fender jambs.
I started on my headers this evening...i had a set of shorties for cam/firebird 82-92..(nobody makes rambler / lt1 headers) i started cutting and welding and grinding....HEADERS ARE A LIL PAIN IN THE @$$. :willy: but ill work them till they are right..pass side is the one that would not drop in ..so im on it.drivers drops in perfect but the collector points down so ill cut and add and move it back !! that was my day ...

radrambler

XcYZ
03-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I think those are nice looking wheels. They remind me of Fikse FM5's. I think the dark finish will look bad ass. :thumbsup:

radrambler
03-18-2005, 07:56 AM
yo

im thinking they will look fine...oh ,mine are silver centers with machine lip...
cant wait to take pics with them on car...i have the p-zeros for the front already..just gotta get some rears ....i was planning for 18s anyway

radrambler

BC69
03-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Those do look nice, and alot like the Fikse. If you paid somewhere near that price, then I praise you for getting such a deal!!

Nice choice, didnt take you long to make one either! Of course, it hasnt taken you long to do anything on that car! Flying...

Tim

Steve Chryssos
03-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I think they look great. $450 per set sure is cheap.

radrambler
03-18-2005, 10:45 AM
yeah

they will cost 540 shipped...I LOVE DEALS ...sometimes you have to pay whatever price to get something you want and sometimes you get a deal ..IM ALL ABOUT A DEAL.kinda bought alot for the car off of EBAY.only because i checked pricing and knew it was a good deal or nobody but that person on ebay had it......i think most of my rambler parts for the car came from ebay.
anyway glad you guys like them. i couldnt pass on 18s look-a-like fiskes for 540 shipped .. hell i payed that for NOS HEADLAMP BEZELS (ebay)probaby last set on the planet..
thanks for replying.......new update pics coming probably sunday evening

radrambler

Protour_Pinto
03-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Those will look good on your car. I think old classics look best with 5 spokes. I bought my wheels off eBay also. %00.00 shipped to my door for the zo6 style. Sometimes you can find good deals there!