PDA

View Full Version : Malitude chassis dyno

camcojb
11-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Malitude Dyno (http://www.camcojb.com/w2wdyno.wmv)

"save target as"

jonny51
11-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks Jody,I love the sound of turbos winding down :D

zbugger
11-28-2004, 12:38 PM
The quiet exhaust on that thing makes those numbers even more impressive. Once again, Mark makes his mark.

Ummgawa
11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
What an awesome ride, it is a classic bad ass ride.

907rs
11-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Cool!
Man, that car is quiet!

Blown353
11-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Very cool.

Happen to know what mufflers he's running?

I know my car will never be as quiet as his, but I wouldn't mind quieting mine down a bit.

Troy

camcojb
11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Very cool.

Happen to know what mufflers he's running?

I know my car will never be as quiet as his, but I wouldn't mind quieting mine down a bit.

Troy

My GUESS is they're some stainless turbo style mufflers that Stainless Works sells as they help him with his systems to develop their own systems to sell.

I'll e-mail him to be sure.

Jody

clill
11-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Blown 353.... Turbo cars are naturally quiet so the mufflers he is using probably won't do much for your blown car. The Mule is so quiet People are disappointed when they ask me to start it.

camcojb
11-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Good point Charley. Troy, the mufflers he's using are from Stainless Works, one of their chambered mufflers in stainless.

Jody

XcYZ
11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
A while back, I had Moose from Rad Rides open up the electric cut-outs on Chicayne, and I was very surprised just how quiet it was with open exhaust. It didn't even come close to my car with full exhaust.

Ummgawa
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Blown 353.... Turbo cars are naturally quiet so the mufflers he is using probably won't do much for your blown car. The Mule is so quiet People are disappointed when they ask me to start it.

I like em quiet, just adds to the Mistique. I have flowmasters on my 69 Z and they are too loud.

Blown353
11-29-2004, 08:54 PM

Exactly! Those neat little spinning-mufflers are part of the reason I miss my Turbo Trans Am (which was in your shop for a short time earlier this year when I was over with Andrew and Jody.) Stealthy and quiet is cool!

Still wouldn't mind quieting my car down some. I'm thinking of adding 4 bullet mufflers to the current system (2 bullets in front of the main mufflers, and 2 in the tailpipes just before the tips.)

On second thought, nah, that's too much work. I think i'll just switch the car over to turbos instead of adding more mufflers. :D

Troy

Hydratech®
11-30-2004, 09:25 AM
The new turbo 2.4 Neon doesn't even use any kind of a true muffler, as the "spinning muffler" does so well to diffuse the exhaust pulses...

On the other hand, the big go fast turbo diesel rigs around here (running the mongo 4" straight pipes / propane injection...) will just about blast the glass right out of your ride as they go by!

The quietest performance mufflers that I have ever run (currently on the 442) are the Hooker Aero Chambers - VERY quiet, priced suprisingly right, yet Hooker claims that they outflow the 2 chamber Flowmasters. I will say that pulling the dump caps does make it a helluva lot louder, but maybe only .250 - .300 faster in the 1/4.