PDA

View Full Version : Rambler Update,yes Pics

radrambler
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
HEY G-MEN

here is my brake pedal setup before mounting it in the car and finiish...and my master cyl.(mock up cylinder shown) mounting location at the plate for the front down tube at the firewall.ill be installing similar cylinder but with remote fill threaded top..no clamps!

also is a pic of my fender jamb to inner fender panels.i wanted no bolts alon the lip..so i fabed a new lip that rolls against 3/4 sqr tube then my inner panel slides down between the fender lip and over the square tube fastened from underneath so it shows not bolts .... hope the pic makes sense of my expl.

let me know what ya think .....i love feedback

radrambler

jonny51
03-16-2005, 11:22 PM
damn bro you are putting that thing together in record time!!

DCreations
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM
What kind of suspension are you running upfront? It's looking great man!!! What kind of rims are you gonna run after all? the fab work looks really good also :thumbsup:

parsonsj
03-17-2005, 03:21 AM
Tom,

Nicely done. What kind of bushings are you using on your pedal? Where did you get the foot pad?

jp

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:22 AM
hey guys

the brackets (that have tape on them) and the foot pedal have a nylon bushing.....these are pre fabbed parts from a circle track company..called UB.
my friend who is responsible for the suspenion being setup the way it is
builds circle track race cars.i come up with an idea and he says ok we need (x) parts..and orders them.. or we make them.....

radrambler

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:28 AM
What kind of suspension are you running upfront? It's looking great man!!! What kind of rims are you gonna run after all? the fab work looks really good also :thumbsup:

this suspension is all custom built..this is how that happend, i told jimmy(my race car building friend) "I DONT CAR WHAT WE PUT UNDER THE CAR BUT IT HAS TO WORK"! " I WANT IT TO HANDLE AS GOOD AS IT POSSIBLY CAN"
and im not cutting the floor of the car out!

nobody makes crap for a rambler..BOLTON PARTS? WHATS THAT?
if you want to see some pics of the susp. go down to before and after front end post that i put up ..it will show what was done i also posted the rear suspension too.

thanks again
radrambler

parsonsj
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Tom,

Does UB have a website or catalog? I'm gonna be making pedals myself soon ... hence the interest.

thanks!
jp

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:44 AM
jp

ill get the web address or phone # today!! for you....it will prob be after 3 pm...but i will send private message to you with the info...

i thought i saw your setup done in a picture?

radrambler

parsonsj
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Well...my basic setup is done, but the pedal and swivel assemblyies are ugly. So I thought I'd make another one while my car is off getting painted.

This will be 4th set of pedals. :eek:

jp

almcbri
03-17-2005, 08:56 AM
It's great to see some other cars out there being built other than Camaro's. That car will be a great looking car when completed.
I am a camaro fanatic, but it is great to see a variety of cars out there being built with the same intent for better performance . Have you narrowed down your paint colors?

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:56 AM
jp go to the chat room if your still on ..i wanna chat with ya about the car

radrambler

radrambler
03-17-2005, 09:12 AM
It's great to see some other cars out there being built other than Camaro's. That car will be a great looking car when completed.
I am a camaro fanatic, but it is great to see a variety of cars out there being built with the same intent for better performance . Have you narrowed down your paint colors?

i got rid of a 69 camaro that i went to great lengths to get(had been in storage since 86 but was still a project) for this car to be started... i have had 3 and my first car was a 69 camaro!!!

so MAN I LOVEM TOO. i wanted someting diff..when i sw this car ..i said thats it ..never see em in magazines ...HOPE TO SEE MINE

NO I HAVENT GOT PAINT SCHEME DOWN YET.. BUT I BETTER CAUSE PAINT IS STRIPPED OFF MOST OF THE CAR NOW ..LOL

RADRAMBLER

Protour_Pinto
03-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Radrambler, Great looking car! Its nice to see something different. Usually I'm the one standing outside the box scratching my head, Now it looks like I have some company!

Ramblers and Pintos unite!!

radrambler
03-18-2005, 07:39 AM
hey

man i gotta see what your pinto looks like ..thats outa stir up some "stuff"
i thought i had the oddcar ....well a pro-touring pinto ..that sounds interesting...oh i just caught the pics ......thats wild..go for it !!
cant wiat to see with front clip on ..to give more effect ..

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!

RADRAMBLER