PDA

View Full Version : rambler dash mod pics

radrambler
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
hey guys

kinda doesnt look like much but did a little mod to my dash yesterday.
in place of where the old heater control went i made a hinged door.i did this out of a spare glove box door ...made a template and transfered on to the spare glove box door ..cut it out (because the metal has same shape at left of dash as the glove box) then i remove the hinge from the glove box and reversed it because it would fit of course.. made a lil spot in the inside of dash opening for the hinge to be screw down..yes removable if needed...
and bam ..... i have a place to hide switches or controls of somesort..
looks like it was factory.....i like to make things look like they came on it ..takes more time but also makes for cool features.
also my gauge cluster holes in the housing are 2 1/16 so .. i used a dremel and modified the back side (removed some unneeded plastic tabs that held stock gauge)... so i can run autometer gauges(PHANTOMS) inside the stock clutser..housing will be refinished....here are the pics ..LIGHTING SUCKED .....

thank for looking

parsonsj
03-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Nice look on the gauges. How are you planning on getting a tach and speedo in the stock panel?

jp

69MyWay
03-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Very cool.

Now you have a place to hide your "mouthy g/f ejection seat" button! :D

radrambler
03-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Nice look on the gauges. How are you planning on getting a tach and speedo in the stock panel?

jp

good question...
well my motor isnt a (second mortgage built) motor ..haha..not a cut i just dont have a ton in mine like some of these lucky guys on here.

im going to run a elec. 3 3/8 speedo that matches in the center hole..im not really stuck on having a tach in the dash cluster.......i have a small tach that i can mount anywhere
i removed the dash pad 2 days ago and like the look without it...im almost considering changing ideas
i love the look of the dash in "CHICAYNE" rad rides built .
if i look at it long enough i may just change it...oh no, heres another idea....

radrambler

radrambler
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Very cool.

Now you have a place to hide your "mouthy g/f ejection seat" button! :D

MAN THATS A GREAT IDEA....HAHAHAHAA
GOOD ONE....have to get another girlfreind first....hahah

RADRAMBLER