PDA

View Full Version : LS2 and T56 need a bellhousing

Blake Foster
10-02-2006, 06:17 PM
We are putting together a 66 nova with a LS2 and a T56 ( chev pattern) Mclode lista a modular bellhousing but they are not available till November..... Maybe. any one have an alternative.

Mkelcy
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
We are putting together a 66 nova with a LS2 and a T56 ( chev pattern) Mclode lista a modular bellhousing but they are not available till November..... Maybe. any one have an alternative.
I'm a bit surprised by this. I have a McLeod Modular Bellhousing and was told I only needed the 0.5" spacer (which I have) to make it work with an LS1 and an LS1 T56. Does the LS2 bellhousing have a different depth than the LS1? I would be very surprised if it did.

Steve1968LS2
10-03-2006, 06:22 PM
You sure?

I just got an LS2/t56 modular bell housing.. I thought the one that was on BO was to mate a T56 to an old school SBC engine.

Call Classic Chevy 5-Speed (sponsor).. they carry some including one by Lakewood.

Blake Foster
10-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info i will call Classis chev tomorrow ( actually that was going to be my next step) from everything i can find Lakewood doesnt even make a LS@ bellhousing (not that it is even that different one bolt hole extra if i remember correctly from a SBC)
but i do have the mcleod clutch so i should bolt it on the motor and make some measure ments and maybe it is not that big a deal.
i will let you know