PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Goodguys Del Mar?

TwinSting
03-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Just checking to see if anyone is going to Goodguys show in Del Mar the first weekend of April. I was looking for people to meet up with.

Keith
03-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Just checking to see if anyone is going to Goodguys show in Del Mar the first weekend of April. I was looking for people to meet up with.
My g/f and I will be out there. :cool:

XcYZ
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Shaun, will you have the Vette there?

TwinSting
03-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes, I will have the Vette at the show. I am going tomorrow to Boyds to check in but I should be picking the car up next weekend. We will tune all weekend and then Del Mar the next weekend!! I cant wait!

67Sally
03-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Keith...........your assignment is to meet up with Shaun and bring back lots of pictures of the vette to share with the site. :)
W.

Keith
03-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Keith...........your assignment is to meet up with Shaun and bring back lots of pictures of the vette to share with the site. :)
W.

Haha...I don't know if I'm worthy enough to be in Shaun's company...it's one hell of a car!! But if he'll have me :hail: I'll say hi and take many pictures for everyone.

I'll be there Sat and Sun...anyone planning a meet up yet?

TwinSting
03-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Keith, as long as the car is tuned we will go out for a ride! If others are going to the show maybe we can meet up Saturday during the day and set up something for Saturday evening. Any ideas from anyone?

Keith
03-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Keith, as long as the car is tuned we will go out for a ride! If others are going to the show maybe we can meet up Saturday during the day and set up something for Saturday evening. Any ideas from anyone?

Don't mess with me! I just peed myself reading the post....I would die for a ride...seriously,thanks for the offer. Actually, I'd just die to sit in it and hear it run.

Are we all arranging to meet somewhere on Sat/Sun.?? I'd like to meet some of you if possible...

clill
03-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Damn..I'm going to a Mopar thing in Vegas that weekend. It would have been neat to meet up with Shaun and his car. I usually go to that Delmar meet too. Before it has been limited to older streetrods but now it has opened up. Should be a great time. There is a good Mexican exit right next to the hotel I usually stay at and i can taste the Margarita from here.......Next year the boys from Norcal should schedule a mini Power Tour down to Delmar....

TwinSting
03-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Keith. Please invest in a pack of Depends prior to the show. :willy: Leather and suede stains!! lol Let me know where you want to meet up. I will have the car in the indoor show during the days.

XcYZ
03-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Somebody needs to take a MiniDV camcorder so we can put some video of your Vette here on the Forums. :yes:

TwinSting
03-19-2005, 11:31 AM
let me know if someone is bringing a camcorder and we will take the car out and run it around the streets for some good shots.

TwinSting
03-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Looks like some of the guys on the pt site are planning an evening gtg at a pizza brewery just north of the fairgrounds on pacific coast highway called Pizza Port on Saturday. Just thought I would post here too.

Keith
03-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Pizza, beer....1500HP Corvettes....damn. I'm putting my life up on ebay for auction. It has to worth something!!! :D

I'm really looking forward to getting out of town for this.....see you guys then.

TwinSting
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
See you there!

Keith
03-29-2005, 04:12 PM
What time are we all meeting at Pizza Port on sat?

TwinSting
03-31-2005, 10:18 AM
The show ends at 5 so I say we shoot for 6? Look for me in the indoor portion of the show and we will talk and set something up.

Keith
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
The show ends at 5 so I say we shoot for 6? Look for me in the indoor portion of the show and we will talk and set something up.

Will do!

XcYZ
03-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Don't forget your camera. :D

Kris Horton
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Right now it looks like we'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Maybe late Friday, but right now there are still a few bugs to work out on the car. Hopefully all goes well and we can make it.

Kris

Keith
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Right now it looks like we'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Maybe late Friday, but right now there are still a few bugs to work out on the car. Hopefully all goes well and we can make it.

Kris

You're not invited......only the cool kids can sit a this lunch table :lolhit:

Kris Horton
04-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Well, invitation or no, looks like my old friend Murphy just drove a steamroller over my weekend plans. The ignition box on the Chevelle is no good. We talked to MSD and the general response was "yeah...we don't sell that one anymore." So great. My dad's making a run out of town to pick up an alternate one and a new door panel as one of ours was destroyed en route to our house. We'll be lucky to make it. Major disappointment, but with all the problems we've been hit with over the course of the project, nothing surprises me anymore...

Kris

TwinSting
04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Well guys, bad news. The Vette did not make it to the show. We tried everything but the forces were against me all the way. I did get to drive the car up and down the street a few times at Tom Nelsons but several problems with other things prevented me from making it to the show. The car is back at Boyds now being worked on now shooting for the Super Chevy show at Pomona at the end of the month. I will still look for you guys at the show and pizza port.

Protour_Pinto
04-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, invitation or no, looks like my old friend Murphy just drove a steamroller over my weekend plans. The ignition box on the Chevelle is no good. We talked to MSD and the general response was "yeah...we don't sell that one anymore." So great. My dad's making a run out of town to pick up an alternate one and a new door panel as one of ours was destroyed en route to our house. We'll be lucky to make it. Major disappointment, but with all the problems we've been hit with over the course of the project, nothing surprises me anymore...

Kris

Hey Kris, If you ever need anything from the Big City just call me 661-607-3125. I can pick up parts etc. The smaller the better since I am on a bike most of the time. I know Ridgecrest very well, I lived there for a few years.

slow4dr
04-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Well guys, bad news. The Vette did not make it to the show. We tried everything but the forces were against me all the way. I did get to drive the car up and down the street a few times at Tom Nelsons but several problems with other things prevented me from making it to the show. The car is back at Boyds now being worked on now shooting for the Super Chevy show at Pomona at the end of the month. I will still look for you guys at the show and pizza port.

I will look for you at Pomona. Good luck getting it ready. :thumbsup: