PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen Camaro-body work started 3/14/05

69MyWay
03-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Although I am still waiting on a few more engine related items to get the engine/trans going, I decided to jump into the final body work last night.

I have jammed out the car and reassembled the body. I am having a terrible time getting a decent gap on the fender to door and door to quarter area. They will be close, but I am not going to kill myself for perfection here, considering they were never perfect from the factory.

I am working against original doors/fenders, and aftermarket quarters all pieced together on a car that really should have been junked before we rebuilt it the first time in the early 80s.

What I am doing now is pulling skim filler across the door to fender area in a couple of spots that don't line up along the surface of the skins. I prefer to do all this work without power tools.

My decision is to go from left fender, left door, left quarter, and around until I get back to the left fender. Then again. Once I go around twice I will tape off the jams and lay up some heavy fill primer to start the wetsand/guide coat phase.

I really need to be to that point by the end of April, and hear the engine run at least once......

radrambler
03-15-2005, 08:52 AM
hey bud

im getting ready to do the same ..oh.i wish someone would do it for me ...

:thumbsup:

XcYZ
03-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Chris, you're really kicking butt on that car!