PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat removal

cheezer
09-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I have a project that I want to Dynamat. If I do it now, will it be possible to remove it when it comes time to "frame off", or is it considered almost permanent ? Does anyone have experience in it's removal ? I can guess it is messy ?

Obviously, the area could be prepped meticulously and the media blaster would not have to go over it when the time comes, but that solution sounds like a compromise at best.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

cheezer

71Nova
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I guess you can tell by the lack of responces that no one even wants to think about removing Dynamat. That would be a huge PITA. You would have sticky residue everywhere. My garage floor hasnt even recovered from installing Dynamat yet. Little tary spots that my shoes stick to.

rockdogz
10-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I guess you can tell by the lack of responces that no one even wants to think about removing Dynamat. That would be a huge PITA. You would have sticky residue everywhere. My garage floor hasnt even recovered from installing Dynamat yet. Little tary spots that my shoes stick to.
:lol:
Ditto... my wife is still mad at me for tracking it into the house...

cheezer
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM

I guess it would be similar to the undercoating/sound deadener/sealant that was installed at the factory and I have already removed.

I figured it was such a relatively new product that people had not gotten to a situation where they actually removed it. I guess the same would apply to bedliner applied to the underneath of a car

Mkelcy
10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess it would be similar to the undercoating/sound deadener/sealant that was installed at the factory and I have already removed..I've not removed undercoating/sound deadener/sealant installed at the factory but I have removed sections of a Dynamat-like sound deadener when I installed my SFC's. Removing the sound deadener was the worst, messiest and most frustrating part of the job. I can't imagine removing a car interior's worth. I'd not use the insulation until after you've done your frame off, or be prepared to acid dip the car.

fletcherscustoms
10-06-2006, 09:46 AM
yeah if you have any chance of having to remove, then wait!! I have a customers truck that is covered from floor to roof, and talk about a PITA. I have spent over 8 hours this week jsut getting it off the tranny tunnel!! The foil back comes off easy but leaves a nice 1/8th think sticky, nasty, residue that will not come off.

71Nova
10-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I por15'd my entire interior before I laid down my dynamat to ensure I didnt have any rust issues under the Dynamat in the future. I would recomend doing the same. Great product.