PDA

View Full Version : Engine Finish/ What To Do???

Leadfoot1
09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Guy's,

I want to start dressing up my LS to get it ready to drop in the car. I'm just curious what you that have LS engines do with it? I really like the polished ones but its a lot of job to keep clean...Ideas?

Also, try this ;

http://www.nastyperformance.com/Valvecovers.html

I'm ordering the 3" sheetmetal fabbed ones and coil brackets.

I would like to run the meziere "electric" water pump...Ant idea if it can be done on the street (serpentine is the problem)

Lead.

nitrorocket
09-11-2006, 08:29 AM
They sell a street version of the pump. It has a pulley on it for the belt to ride on. Poslished aluminum sucks to maintain on a street car!

Leadfoot1
09-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I saw that....I want to run the ELECTRIC one.

It looks a lot better + since i'm not on boost as you are... yet, i'll take the 10 ponies. :lol:

Seriously, its mostly because of the looks, remember, thread is about dessing up that ugly motor.

Thanks anyway,

Lead

nitrorocket
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
That is what I said. If you go to there site, they make 2 electric versions. A street and a race. The difference in the "idler" pulley on the street version for the belt. It is still electric. They pulley just free wheels.

rocketman
09-11-2006, 12:17 PM
you could spray a high temp clear on the block and heads,would make it shiny and keep the alumunin from getting stained.Dont mount the coils on the heads is a good way to make it look good,design a way to mount the on the femnderwells or firewall.painting the intake will dress it up,not seeing that plastic intake.

polished alumunin on a street car is a pain,i have a polished sheetmetal on one of mine and had the fuel side of the nos nozzle not tighted and sprayed fule on the intake stained the **** out of it,took a week to powerball it shiny again.I didn't want to pull the intake off

Leadfoot1
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey Nitro,

I checked out the website and could not come up with anything....I checked out summit racing too, same thing.

Sure sounds interesting tough. Any chance you have the link layin' around?

It looks the same? Sure hope so!

Thanks!
.................................................. ............
Rocket,

I tought about the clear thing, i'm just not sure...I alway's tought clear kinda yellowed after awhile (even hi temp)

Is there a max lenght to respect for plug wire? did you see nastyperformance valve covers?

Lead.

rocketman
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
You could always paint it alumunin color.the plug wires I dont know the answer,those are cool valve cover and with msd coils would look good I wouldn't use black coils

Leadfoot1
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
You are reading my mind!!!

Those red coils would really pop on those sheetmetal VC's!

Aluminum paint is untouchable...You touch it, it will stain you silver every time....

I tought about powdercoating. Bummer is you have to take everything apart.
(if its a good idea to start with)

Ceramic coating?

How about getting it polished and then clear anodized or powdercoat?

Lead.