PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Power steering issues... continued

68454RS
06-17-2019, 07:13 PM
'68 Camaro, Concept One serpentine system. Took the car for an 80 mile run last week and everything was great. Next morning, no power steering. Sent the pump back to Concept One and they said it wasn't holding pressure so sent me a new one. (great customer service)

Got the new pump today, installed it, filled with fluid, fired up the car and still no power steering
Pulled return line, fired it up and good fast flow.. reconnect, fill with fluid and again, no PS. Each time, I turned the wheel lock to lock several times trying to bleed the system of air.

Could it be the gear box? What and how do they act when something goes bad in them? I'm so freakin not happy right now

ChevelleNV
06-17-2019, 09:29 PM
Talk to Junior at Turn One Steering.... If anyone knows whats going on he will

68454RS
07-02-2019, 07:03 AM
I've been researching gear boxs, don't care to do anything used or rebuilt

CPP 50004 14:1 $379

AGR 492117 12:1 $431

Borgeson 800130 12.7:1 $445

PSC SG254B 12.7:1 $475

Turn One $800ish too much $ for my budget

I've been warned to stay away from the CPP & AGR.. anyone have any comments on this? I was also told the PSC is a great box, comments?

I'll be at Good Guys Columbus in 2 weeks, do the vendors do any type of show deals?

69hugger
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM
How about having your current box inspected/ repaired? If it was working one day and not the next, I would think it might have a bad component or need some new innards, rather than throwing it away.

I have been having a terrible PS howling issue since I added Hyroboost. I was told by several "experts" I needed a new control valve or a new pump, but sent it to Turn 1 instead. They inspected it & said it was fine inside. They made some mods to it, re-valved it, and completely rebuilt it for about 1/2 the price of new (and the mods are to make it work WITH my Hyrdroboost and run cooler). And they turned it in 3 days! They are the most knowledgeable and helpful guys in the biz.

Just a suggestion. Maybe they can get you running and save you some dough. Worth a phone call or 2.