PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, 69 RS PT Camaro.

Rybar
03-11-2005, 01:06 PM
I've been to this site a few times, but just realized it had a forum. I've been on Pro-touring.com for a while, but thought I would say hello here.

I see alot of users on both sites, to anybody that doesn't know me, well hello. You can see some pics of my car, and friends cars on my site.

Ryan

XcYZ
03-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Welcome, Ryan. Nice project you have going there!

tndude
03-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Awesome car! I also like your friends, Sandro. :thumbsup:

Say, what kind of seats did Sandro use? Is that just stock seats recovered? Looks like nice leather.

Rybar
03-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah, Sandro used stock seats redone in leather. His car is sweet!

jonny51
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Welcome aboard Rybar!

tndude
03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I'd love to see more pics of his seats if you have any. :D

Can't tell...some pics of his car looks like it is hugger orange and others look red. Both look great but what color is his car?

907rs
03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Welcome Ryan. :) Nice 69!

I also checked out your new buddies rides on PT a few days ago, SWEET!

Rybar
03-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I'd love to see more pics of his seats if you have any. :D

Can't tell...some pics of his car looks like it is hugger orange and others look red. Both look great but what color is his car?

Maybe I can snap a few more pics soon. Sandro's 69 RS/SS is Hugger Orange, Lui's 68 RS/SS is Red and my 69 RS is Candy Red.

tndude
03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Maybe I can snap a few more pics soon. Sandro's 69 RS/SS is Hugger Orange, Lui's 68 RS/SS is Red and my 69 RS is Candy Red.

That would be great!! :thumbsup: Your 69 looks real nice. You'll learn were big on pics here and we will want to see the progress.

JV69z/28
03-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Your car is coming along great! All 3 cars are very nice for that matter. Are you happy with the fit of the rear wheels and tires on your car (sorry to be so blunt)? Is there enough room back there if you lower car? Also do have the wheel and tire sizes on your 2 friends cars? That 19/20 combo is interesting. Both of those cars look very drivable at that ride height - do you know if there are any rubbing issues? Sorry to ask you so many questions but you posted some real attention grabbing photos if you're a wheel and tire guy and I am. Thanks Jack

Rybar
03-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Your car is coming along great! All 3 cars are very nice for that matter. Are you happy with the fit of the rear wheels and tires on your car (sorry to be so blunt)? Is there enough room back there if you lower car? Also do have the wheel and tire sizes on your 2 friends cars? That 19/20 combo is interesting. Both of those cars look very drivable at that ride height - do you know if there are any rubbing issues? Sorry to ask you so many questions but you posted some real attention grabbing photos if you're a wheel and tire guy and I am. Thanks Jack

No need to apoligize, on my car I've rolled the lips to gain clearance, and when I lower it more it's going to be tight. I won't really know until then and until it's drivable, but I am well clear of the shock and spring, and I have about a finger width or so to the wheel well. Nothing that a hammer can't massage.

On the Orange '69 I know his rears are 20x8 they sit really tucked up in the wells. He said he hasn't tried carving the corners too hard yet as he just got it on the road only weeks ago. I'd assume his wheels are about 5" BS, but I would have to ask him. He said nothing about rubbing. He got the 8" to be sure he wouldn't run into any rubbing problems. Fronts he's running 18x8's with 245-40-18 and rears 20x8 with 275-???-20

On the 68 I really don't know alot about the car. I have to talk to him more to get any more info on it.

I'm big on pics too, and when I get some more worthwhile progress done on my car I'll post the pics. The LS1 & T56 are just about ready to be installed. I'll update you guys then.

rwhite692
03-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Looks great Ryan! and that paint really "pops". I see you and I went the same way w/brakes up front...:thumbsup: -Rob

tndude
03-15-2005, 09:52 AM
When do you think you might be able to post more pics of the orange 69? :)

Ummgawa
03-19-2005, 12:26 PM
What a Sweet Ride, welcome to the site.

customcam
03-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Hi rybar love your car thast a nice color !
i sent you a post at Pro-touring but didnt get a reply?
i understand ..it was about Lui 68 on 19/20 inch combo!
pics would be great ! thanks again and cheers to your ride! :thumbsup:

Rybar
03-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi rybar love your car thast a nice color !
i sent you a post at Pro-touring but didnt get a reply?
i understand ..it was about Lui 68 on 19/20 inch combo!
pics would be great ! thanks again and cheers to your ride! :thumbsup:

Hey guys, sorry about not being able to get any more pics or info. I don't know Lui very well, so it will be a bit before I can get any more info or pics on his car. As well I haven't had a chance to with Sandro yet either.

I will post more info whenever I do find out.

tndude
03-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Thats great. :)

Sorry to bug you about additional picutures but when it comes to a great looking '69 camaro....I'm like a dog in heat. :D

I'm sure in time you'll feed our need. :thumbsup:

Glad you are a member of the lateral-g.net family.