PDA

View Full Version : Whats the rev limit on a 351C?

2 FN LOW
08-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Does anybody know the redline limit on a 351C? I dont have a rev limiter and i dont wanna over rev it to much and i have no idea what the limit is...Ive gotten all different kinds of answers so i figured id ask you guys and see what you say?

cykotic
08-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Are we talking stock here? 4v or 2v? Safe bet would be no more than 6500. But I know the 4v heads make more power above that. I don't think the guts are forged so I wouldn't go higher than that.

2 FN LOW
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
yes, its a stock 4bbl 351...I have no idea on the mileage...As far as i know its stock, ive heard it has had a cam put in it but im not possitive about that...The guy who i got the engine from passed away so its kinda hard to ask him questions about it...

tyoneal
08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Does anybody know the redline limit on a 351C? I dont have a rev limiter and i dont wanna over rev it to much and i have no idea what the limit is...Ive gotten all different kinds of answers so i figured id ask you guys and see what you say?

We had a car We took to Bonneville back in the early '90's. It was a C/STR Roadster. We could hold it at WOT for several minutes between 7000-8000. Unless you want to break things, staying 10-25% under that limit should make it last a while. (If it's built right, fresh and has good parts in it)

This is probably not a great comparison due to the difference in application, but it can possibly serve as a very upper limit.

Hope it helps,

tyoneal