PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Help

71Nova
08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I just installed the DSE battery relocaton kit with a Optima battery in the trunk. I have 2 guage wires for the positive and negitive running from the battery to the DSE supplied pass threws at the bottom of the fire wall and then positive to the starter and negitive to the engine block and body under the firewall. I have my MSD digital 6 plus tied into the pass threws on the inside of the car because it is mounted under my dash, and the one wire alt to the starter. It locked on 14.4 every time before I moved the battery to the trunk, and now my voltmeter is saying 11v at idle and 13v at 4000 rpm. Do I need to run the alt wire all the way back to the trunk battery or to the pass threws instead of the starter? How are you guys wiring the alt that are using the DSE relocation kit? Thanks in advance

David

71Nova
08-24-2006, 01:22 AM
I forgot to mention it is a 100 amp alternator and I am also running my wires for the electric fans and the rest of the car electrical from the post on the pass threw on the firewall. Do I need to move the alternator wire from the starter to the pass threw post?

71Nova
09-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Nevermind I figured it out