PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop rendering tips?

oneninesixseven
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
I wanted to post this and see what you guys think. This is my first attempt of doing a rendering. I know it is rough but any comments, suggestions, tips, or web links are greatly appreciated! I was a little hesitant to even post this because some of you guys have amazing talent. Any way let me know what you think.

Hdesign
08-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Not bad, it looks very shiney! Overall the shading is pretty good.

A few things:

1.wheels are out of perspective and have a realistic look rather than the cartooney look the body has
2. continue that horizonline shine to the nose, it wouldn't stop at the front wheel
3. image is small so I can't see details in the grill
4. "shut lines" (door and hood lines) are way to dark and thick
5. you left out details that describe the fenderlips, there's a flare above the wheels on 67-68 Camaros
6. nose is too long

hope this helps!

oneninesixseven
08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks Ben! I'll make some changes and post a new pic. How long have you been doing renderings? They look really good!

Brian

Hdesign
08-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks Brian! My mother still has my first car drawing from 4 years old. It's a blue tow truck...LOL. So 24 years I guess. I got pretty serious about it in college but didn't show anyone my stuff until about 2 years ago.

Keep sending in work, we love to see it! :thumbsup:

oneninesixseven
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks Brian! My mother still has my first car drawing from 4 years old. It's a blue tow truck...LOL. So 24 years I guess. I got pretty serious about it in college but didn't show anyone my stuff until about 2 years ago.

Keep sending in work, we love to see it! :thumbsup:

One of the many reasons you have to love your mom. Thanks for your help and I'll get some more pics up.

Brian