PDA

View Full Version : About M&R Engines, how would you feel about...

80Camaro
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
...the rotating assembly they use in the 383 short block? I mean, they don't advertise any brand names except for the KB forged pistons (Ross design). I talked to them & they said they're from the same manufacturer that companies like Eagle and Scat buy from and put their names on them. I'm a pretty big sceptic, I believe you get what you pay for. $2400 for a new block, 4340 forged crank, 4340 H beam rods. I've checked around and they seem to have a good reputation.

Any opinions? Thanks

Scotch
08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
The imported parts they're talking about are fine up to 400 horses in a daily driver.

If you're planning to make more power, or if you really want to beat the daylights out of it on the dragstrip or road course, step up to Lunati stuff.

~SP~

DRCE
09-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Its al in how its worded really.

If a package says forged crankshaft, it could be an eagle or it could be a bryant. Both are forged, once costs four times what the other one does, but you get my point. Simply calling a part forged is what some shops do that sub-in products depending on the deal they get. If one crank or piston is cheaper this month or on a special deal then thats what they use, if they assign a brand name to it they are bound to that.

Just my observations, and I'm not implying that this shop is trying anything shifty just telling you what I have seen and that its important to ask what your getting. I spell everything out straight and by brand name in my dealings, that way there are no mysteries its up front and in the open.

Best of luck.