PDA

View Full Version : Li'l Bugger almost 1 year old!

69MyWay
03-09-2005, 06:29 AM
I can't believe how much my life has changed since March 15, 2004. I had honestly lost hope and faith in things after losing my dad just five months before my first child came into this world.

I watched in amazement as he took his first breath, and with a heart full of joy, excitement, and more emotions than I could even imagine, I cut the cord ushering him into this new world.

I thought I knew what love was, but he teaches me everyday there is more to it than mere words or actions could truly ever capture.

Each day is an adventure. He is truly blessed with the greatest mother a child could have. I look forward to the day when I can hand him the keys to the 69 Camaro and send him down the road on his own adventures.

Just thought I would share. Those of you that are parents understand. Those of you yet to be, you will wonder how you ever lived before your child came into your life!

XcYZ
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
I totally agree. Being a parent (with a second on the way) has seriously changed my car time and budget, but I wouldn't change a thing.

907rs
03-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I hear both of you, don't know what I'd do without them. :)

awr68
03-11-2005, 01:13 AM
My little guy (Bryce) is almost 6 months old already...man they do grow up fast!! We waited 10 years before trying and now we wonder why we waited so long...I guess it allowed us to have a good solid marriage first, as well as become home owners. I race home to see him every day...yep being a parent is pretty cool!!! :D

Scott, I feel for ya with the tight budget and lack of car time, I haven't touched the car since he was born...but thats going to change in a week when the big brown truck pulls up with my latest parts order!!!

Ricochet
03-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Congrats!! I'll be able to comment on this post first hand later seeing that my wife is with our first March 15, a boy.. Tick..tock...we patiently await his arrival. I can't wait!! I'm looking forward to it!!

69MyWay
03-16-2005, 04:13 AM
We had a happy, sad, strange kind of day for his first birthday.

Started out with a phone call from my wife (insert very upset), that she just noticed her SUV had been keyed down the passenger side. Thing is a stink'in jet black 04 Rendevouz ULTRA with a brand new "racing stripe" down the passenger side. She is a school teacher and this happened in the school parking lot. That really put a spin on the afternoon, and delayed the festivities meeting with the cop at the school to make a report, etc. Needless to say we were late getting food ready as guest arrived.

This is a bit complicated here. My brother's ex-wife's husband found out on Christmas eve he had lung cancer. We got the phone call while we were getting the food, etc. going that he had passed away. Our family is still close to the ex-wife, so she came over for a bit (very upset of cours). Very sad, heart breaking stuff. I had hoped we could keep that seperate from the party mostly because 99% of the guests don't know her, or the deceased.

Then Garrett was Mr. Bad-mood and had to let us all hear how well his lungs have developed over this last year! LOL!

Oh well, I am still thankful he made it a year (or we made a year) with him. Everyday is a blessing. Cars can get repainted, and we will need to spend some time mourning the loss of Dave. Maybe birthday #2 will be a blast!

radrambler
03-16-2005, 07:28 AM
hey

man sorry to hear all the stinking news ..
im sure it would have been nice to not have all that dropped on the G- mans b-day......
well i hope you bought him and over powered, power wheels camaro ,lowered with big fat plastic wheels...oh ,wait hes only one.. haha...guess youll have to build that too....by #2 he will be ready :_party:
you know whats gonna happen ..we'll end up building all the cool stuff for him that we wish we would have had at 2+...
dont look like im going to have any youngins anytime soon...lol
so ill have to start spoilling yours .......

radrambler

trapin
03-16-2005, 05:49 PM
I look forward to the day when I can hand him the keys to the 69 Camaro....
...and watch him fish-tale around the corner of our street, lighting up the tires in an inferno of race gas and rubber. Hell unleashed on a sunny Summer afternoon as the roar of pure american horsepower resonates off the neighborhood houses like a........

(sorry....I got a little caught up in the moment) :_paranoid

I know what you mean, however. My 2 boys are my whole world. Sometimes I am scared of just how much I love them. I worry about something happening to them because I know if it ever did I would absolutely die. But your right....you'll never regret your decision. They're the best thing that could ever happen to you. Life takes on a different meaning after that cord is severed.