PDA

View Full Version : Help putting 2nd gen seats in 1st gen f body

Steve Firebird
08-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I have a set of 1973 deluxe seats I would like to install in my 68 Firebird. I did install the 68 brackes onto the 73 seats but it makes the seats sit to high. does any one make a bracket for this specific mod. Here is a picture

Payton King
08-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Those seats appear to be thicker in the seat cushion area and you will have head room problems. Pull the seat track off and just set the seat in to see if you will have enough room. I don't think you will ,even if you cut the brackets down to the floor. If you are under 5'11" then it might work.

Steve Firebird
08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Well I am only 5'8" on a good day. I have enough head room but what happens is as soon as your butt hits the seat you start to lean in and wack your head on the drip rail. The 73 brackets are shorter but do not even come close to matching the floor. I may just leave it alone and not let any tall guys in my car. Those seats are soooo much better to ride on then the 68 seats really want to make them work.

Tom Welch
08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I have 94 f-body seats in my 67 firebird and it took a while to adress the height issue that you refer to. I ended up fabbing my own brackets by cutting the ends off of the brackets that came with the seats and re welded them in the position needed to lower the seat and still allow for forward/rearward movement.