PDA

View Full Version : Brainerd Intl. Raceway Sept. 18th --Open Track!

HAULNSS
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Here comes another chance to run the 3.1 mile road course at BIR! :yes: Yes, the track with the mile long straight! ;)

Here are a few details:

Event Date: 9/18/06 (Monday)
Track: Brainerd International Raceway
Open to any/all car types. Must have a completed tech inspection, helmet etc. as is typical. Unlike some other groups that run up at BIR, we will have corner workers & a safety crew. Instruction & mentors for those that are new will also be made available. Safety is always #1. Please read carefully the information on the registration page as well.

More details to come. We are working on a special rate with a hotel in the area etc.

This is IMPORTANT:

With the relatively short time before the event, we must quickly get people registered. Cost for this event is $195 by check or $200 if paying via PayPal. We need at least 40 participants in order to make this happen. If we cannot get 40 paid in a short period of time, all money will be refunded with the exception of PayPal fees.

Register NOW! (http://www.rmarshall.com/ttmevent.html)

Join us on Monday, September 18th, 2006 @ Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, MN.

We are happy to offer another great event for 2006. As our well-known "PDE" event has been, this is also a non-competitive, open track event. Although many insurance companies have been known to extend coverage for any non-competitive event such as this, it is the driver's responsibility to understand their particular policy in this regard. All drivers as well as guests must sign waivers at the track. Drivers must read, understand, and adhere to all event guidelines. Driving instruction will be provided and REQUIRED for all beginners. All drivers and passengers must be 18 years or older and must wear a cotton shirt, long pants, and closed shoes. Two drivers may share a car, but will both be required to pay the full entry fee. Helmets are required for all drivers & passengers. A Snell rating of SA95 or better is strongly encouraged. All open cars are strongly encouraged to have a four-point roll bar, or minimally hoops behind the seats. This is of course for your own safety. BIR is a VERY fast track and in the interest of safety, any open car without a roll bar will be limited to 110 mph on any part of the track. Violating this rule will result in your day being over with no refund. All cars require at least factory seat belts. It is your responsibility to make sure that your family, crew and guests understand and follow all event rules!

Technical Inspection:
ALL cars are required to pass a technical inspection before participating. You are responsible for downloading our Tech Sheet and carefully going through each & every item. This is for your own safety as well as the safety of all other drivers. You may do this inspection yourself, but we strongly recommend that at the very least you have a friend go through the list along with you. If you have any doubts, PLEASE have a qualified mechanic perform the inspection. You MUST have a signed tech inspection sheet along with you when arrive at the track.

Thanks!

Todd Danielson
Track Time Motorsports, LLC
651-203-8009

Looks like I'll be there. :D 200-300 miles of track time is very attainable at these events. :thumbsup:

Open to anyone....... come on...... you know you want to...... :unibrow:

Randy

KAA
08-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I just might have to do this. If my car makes it back from Drag Week in one piece that is. :D

Bowtiguy
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
arghhh! I'd fly home to illinois and borrow a car for this event if I weren't already going to be in mexico swimmin' with the fishies and drinking tequila.

for those of you who haven't been here, its a great opportunity to run a nice track at a great time of year.

-=MIke

HAULNSS
08-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I would love to see your car passing me at BIR, Keith. :hail: I will try to stay out of your way, or stay in the pits so I can watch and get some pictures.

Your in car video is still one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Randy

Oh yeah some teaser pics for those who aren't familiar with BIR. Hmmmm.....look at that straight.

Large picture of the track (http://www.nordstern.org/Tracks/BIR/bir_large.gif)

http://www.trackaddix.com/images/picts/tracks/Brainerd_map.gif

http://www.trackaddix.com/images/picts/tracks/Brainerd_airial.jpg

Derek69SS
08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
If anyone has an empty passenger seat, I'd be interested in riding along... I doubt I'll have my car ready for that type of abuse by then, and it would be nice to get up there and see what goes on before I show up as a noob with my car, not knowing what to expect. :willy:

If nobody who's racing has extra room, would anyone else want to car-pool up there? (Scott or Darrell?)

HAULNSS
08-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Derek,
Spectating is free....bring a helmet if you have one. (there should be some loaners, too) We should have a Caprice wagon up there for you to ride in, too. :) (The light blue one from Car Craft)

Most of us enjoy giving rides to share the fun of buzzing around the big track. I usually always have a passenger, as I will talk a lot and giggle like a school girl all the way around the track. :lol: Taking a full size car around a track is still fun every lap. :rofl:

Riding with several people is a great way to learn lines and get a feel for the way different cars handle. I try to snag a ride when my car is cooling down.

We need the committment to the track to make this happen, though. If you know anyone interested, get them to sign up.

Randy

Derek69SS
08-16-2006, 07:12 PM
That would be cool. :unibrow:

HAULNSS
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
The track day is a go! :D

Everyone is welcome to attend. I hope to see some Lat-G folks wringing out on the track. :yes:

Randy

KAA
08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
The track day is a go! :D

Everyone is welcome to attend. I hope to see some Lat-G folks wringing out on the track. :yes:

Randy

So you got your minimum 40 entries??

Is pre-registration mandatory or can I show up the day of and pay?

HAULNSS
08-28-2006, 10:39 AM
So you got your minimum 40 entries??

Is pre-registration mandatory or can I show up the day of and pay?

There is a committment from another group to fill the event. :yes:

Pre-registering isn't mandatory, and we won't turn you away. It just makes it easier for planning having a headcount going in. We need to have instructors for the classroom and on track (not that you need one). Normally, we have instructors available all day to everyone, and usually require an instructor sign off to bring passengers.

There is a short drivers meeting required and then a quick classroom session for the novices. Experienced drivers can start warm up laps during the classroom session. :cool:

The big thing is to have the tech insection sheet completed before hand to make sure you can get on the track right away.

Get a hold of Todd @ Track Time Motorsports and he will make sure we have you covered Keith. I know you will be at the Drag Week and hopefully the car stays together.

He can have everything ready for you, should you be able to make it.

Todd Danielson
Track Time Motorsports, LLC
651-203-8009
612-839-9436 Cell
[[email protected]]

I look forward to seeing you at BIR. :thumbsup:

Randy

HAULNSS
08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Here is the current list of cars signed up. :thumbsup:

Ray K. ************** 2004 Mustang GT, paid
Tamara M. *********** 1991 Firebird Formula, paid
Bob G. ************** 2000 Trans Am WS6 Convertible
Rick T. ************* 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra, paid
Matt C. ************* 2005 Evo, paid
Craig N. ************ 1995 Firehawk Convertible, paid
Kenneth K. *********** 2004 M3, paid
Jim D. ************** 2002 Corvette Z06, paid
Todd B. ************* 1996 Trans Am WS6, paid
Dwight A. ************ 2004 GTO, paid
Eric A. ************** 1985 Z28, paid
Brian E. ************* 2002 Corvette Z06, paid
Scot G. ************* 1994 Mustang GT, paid
Steve M. ************ 1992 Mustang, paid
Bruce G. ************* 1998 Z28
Randy A. ************* 1995 Impala SS, paid
Chris W. ************* 1999 Corvette, paid
Dave W. ************* 1997 Eclipse, paid
Frank S. ************* 1998 Mark VIII
Jeff R. ************** 2006 Cobalt SS, paid
Gary W. ************* 1994 Z28, paid
Rick M. ************** 2004 Mustang Cobra
Christopher H. ********* 1995 Civic EX, paid
Ken O. ************** 2001 M Roadster, paid
Jeremy D. ************ 2003 Marauder, paid
Scott L. ************* 2001 Saleen S281SC
Randy P. ************* 2003 Cobra
Dan E. ************** 1998 Cobra
Ryan G. ************* 2006 Evo IX MR, paid

:D

Randy

KAA
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
So far the oldest car is an '85 Camaro. :(

KAA
09-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Well, I bailed on Drag Week. The weather forecast looked too crappy and I had some tech questions that I couldn't get answered. I went to Rock Falls yesterday instead and got the drag racing out of my system. :rolleyes: I'm going to run with the Corvette club at their Brainerd track day on the 13th and I'm signing up for the event on the 18th as well!! :willy:

Derek!!! Time to get that Chevelle on the track!! Let's go! :thumbsup:

HAULNSS
09-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Great to hear, Keith! :thumbsup: Well sorry you didn't make Drag Week, but I'm glad you are going to BIR. :yes:

We have few more cars now, too.

Ray K. ************** 2004 Mustang GT, paid
Tamara M. *********** 1991 Firebird Formula, paid
Bob G. ************** 2000 Trans Am WS6 Convertible
Rick T. ************* 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra, paid
Matt C. ************* 2005 Evo, paid
Craig N. ************ 1995 Firehawk Convertible, paid
Kenneth K. *********** 2004 M3, paid
Jim D. ************** 2002 Corvette Z06, paid
Todd B. ************* 1996 Trans Am WS6, paid
Dwight A. ************ 2004 GTO, paid
Eric A. ************** 1985 Z28, paid
Brian E. ************* 2002 Corvette Z06, paid
Scot G. ************* 1994 Mustang GT, paid
Steve M. ************ 1992 Mustang, paid
Bruce G. ************* 1998 Z28
Randy A. ************* 1995 Impala SS, paid
Chris W. ************* 1999 Corvette, paid
Dave W. ************* 1997 Eclipse, paid
Frank S. ************* 1998 Mark VIII
Jeff R. ************** 2006 Cobalt SS, paid
Gary W. ************* 1994 Z28, paid
Rick M. ************** 2004 Mustang Cobra
Christopher H. ********* 1995 Civic EX, paid
Ken O. ************** 2001 M Roadster, paid
Jeremy D. ************ 2003 Marauder, paid
Scott L. ************* 2001 Saleen S281SC
Randy P. ************* 2003 Cobra, paid
Dan E. ************** 1998 Cobra
Ryan G. ************* 2006 Evo IX MR, paid
Mark B. ************* 1994 Taurus SHO
Dwayne C. *********** 2005 Lotus Elise, paid
Eric J. ************** 1987 Corolla FX16 GTS, paid
Nathan D. *********** 2000 911 Carrera, paid
Robert J. ************ 2004 Mini-Cooper S
Pat E. *************** 1999 Camaro SS, paid
Keith A. ************* 1970 El Camino SS :unibrow: :hail:

Randy

Derek69SS
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Derek!!! Time to get that Chevelle on the track!! Let's go! :thumbsup:I'd love to, but I still have some work to do before I'll be satisfied with the handling enough to feel comfortable pushing it hard... I'm still running on cheap junk shocks, and stock rear springs :_paranoid My budget has been extremely tight since the wedding, as we both got ourselves into a pretty deep hole then, and we're finally almost out of it. :unibrow:

I'd kind of like to just go ride along with someone the first time anyway, to experience it once so I know what to do when I show up with my car next time. :) Is your passenger seat open Keith? I'll pitch in for gas if I can ride along :thumbsup:

KAA
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I'd love to, but I still have some work to do before I'll be satisfied with the handling enough to feel comfortable pushing it hard... I'm still running on cheap junk shocks, and stock rear springs :_paranoid My budget has been extremely tight since the wedding, as we both got ourselves into a pretty deep hole then, and we're finally almost out of it. :unibrow:

I'd kind of like to just go ride along with someone the first time anyway, to experience it once so I know what to do when I show up with my car next time. :) Is your passenger seat open Keith? I'll pitch in for gas if I can ride along :thumbsup:

Which day are you talking about? If Wednesday, then no, not on the way up but you're certainly welcome to ride along at the track. If you can get my wife out of the passenger seat that is. :D

If you're talking about Monday the 18th, then yes, you can ride along. I'll be leaving very early so it might be a good idea for you to come up Sunday night. You can stay at my place.

You might want to think about Wednesday though. The weather forecast is perfect. Monday is looking a little iffy right now and, if it rains, I won't be running on a wet track.

Derek69SS
09-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I was thinking the 18th. :thumbsup:

KAA
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
You should have been thinking the 13th!! :D

KAA
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Randy,

Is there a schedule posted anywhere for this event?

KAA
09-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Crap! Just looked at the weather forecast. 42 for a high?????? :eek: And rain! Any chance of getting it reschedule to Wednesday? :unibrow:

HAULNSS
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Randy,

Is there a schedule posted anywhere for this event?

Quick update for everyone on the upcoming day at Brainerd International Raceway. I've spoken to some of you on some further details but wanted to make sure that everyone is comfortable with what is going to happen on Monday.

Schedule:

First thing on the schedule is check-in/registration. We will start checking everyone in at 7:30am so please be there at least by 7:30 and probably a few minutes earlier. The track should be open at 7:00 am.

Driver's meeting is at 8:00 am and will go for 1 hour. Gary Curtis is running the driver's meeting and may release the more experienced people @ 8:30 and continue with further information for beginners. Everyone MUST attend the driver's meeting.

For the morning, there will be 30 minute sessions alternating between 2 groups. One group will have beginners and some others that are less experienced or maybe just don't care what group they run in. The other group will be more experienced drivers. Rules are the same for both groups and will be strictly enforced. This of course is for everyone's safety. This is NOT a race.

Early on in the afternoon, we will have a very brief driver's meeting to answer any questions/concerns. If all is going well, we will open the track up and you will be able to run whenever you & your car are ready.

Lunch:

The Donnybrooke group is providing lunch for their group only (they also pay more than you are for the day). If you would like to join them for lunch, a meal can be purchased for $15.00. I apologize that I am a bit late in letting everyone know about this. Please let me know by today if you would like a lunch and I'll arrange it with Donnybrooke. They will probably have a few extra lunches so even if you don't let me know, they may have one for you.

Otherwise there is a restaurant right outside the gate and I suspect that a lot of folks from our group will go and have lunch there or another nearby restaurant.

The drive up:

Some of us will be going up on Sunday afternoon or evening. If you are interested in tagging along with a group of us on the drive up, please let me know and we will work something out.

If you drive up on Sunday, it would be great if we could all get together for dinner that evening. There is a Famous Dave's restaurant right in front of the hotel and would be a good place to meet. Please contact me if you are interested and we will arrange for that.

Camping:

If you plan on camping, please get in touch with me. There was apparently a misunderstanding and some things have changed. I will do whatever I can to work this out, I just really need to know who is planning on camping and we will talk about it.

Hotel:

If you signed up after my last email regarding the hotel, please know that we have a group rate through Donnybrooke at the "Lodge at Brainerd Lakes". The rate should be $82 if you tell them that you are with the Donnybrooke group.

I've probably forgotten something else. Please feel free to call me on my cell if you have any questions.

See you at the track!

Todd
Cell Phone: 612-839-9436

This is the forecast I found?
54° F | 39° F
12° C | 4° C
Chance of Rain
30% chance of precipitation

Info thread on MN F-body.com (http://www.mnfbody.com/showthread.php?t=12200)
More info (http://www.mnfbody.com/showthread.php?t=13103)

Randy

Derek69SS
09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Keith, will I see you at Larry's on Saturday? Maybe we can discuss the trip there. :) I really want to go some time next week, because I start my new job the week after, and won't be able to take time off for a while.

KAA
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
This is the forecast I found?
[I]54° F | 39° F
12° C | 4° C
Chance of Rain
30% chance of precipitation

I just checked again and they dropped the high to 40. :wow: We're going to be looking at snow pretty soon.

How about Tuesday?? 49 and sunny. :yes:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMN0091?from=search_10day

KAA
09-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Keith, will I see you at Larry's on Saturday? Maybe we can discuss the trip there. :) I really want to go some time next week, because I start my new job the week after, and won't be able to take time off for a while.
Yes, we'll be there.

HAULNSS
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
We got rained out, so the new date is Monday, October 2nd. :yes: Everyone is welcome.

Oooooohh, cooool air. :unibrow:

Randy

KAA
09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
We got rained out, so the new date is Monday, October 2nd. :yes: Everyone is welcome.

Oooooohh, cooool air. :unibrow:

Randy Weather forecast looks stellar!! :thumbsup: All systems go!!

HAULNSS
10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.minnessota.com/pictures/Pic_342_3.jpg

There's a teaser pic for you, Keith. :hail: It was nice meeting you and watching that sweet ride go! :thumbsup:

Stay tuned for more pics and videos....... ;)

Randy

Derek69SS
10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Stay tuned for more pics and videos....... ;)I'm anxiously awaiting. :bow:

Cool picture! :thumbsup: wish I could have been there. :mad:

HAULNSS
10-03-2006, 10:12 AM
The pics are getting hosted online all day today. There is a thread on the MN F-body site.

Pics will be updated all day. (http://www.mnfbody.com/showthread.php?t=13753)

http://www.minnessota.com/pictures/Pic_343_18.jpg
http://www.minnessota.com/pictures/Pic_343_6.jpg
http://www.minnessota.com/pictures/Pic_343_32.jpg

:thumbsup:

Randy

Derek69SS
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
http://www.minnessota.com/pictures/Pic_343_18.jpg "One of these things is not like the others..." :lol:

That el camino really sticks out in those pics amongst the sports-cars... how'd it drive with the new sway-bar Keith?

KAA
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Set some new personal bests:

Top Speed: 148.12 mph
Lateral-g: 1.17
Braking g: .86
Lap time: 2:02:67 (4 seconds faster than previous best)

Ex Champ Car and Indy 500 racer Herm Johnson rode with me for a few laps. Nothing like getting some tips from a pro! :)

KAA
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
The pics are getting hosted online all day today. There is a thread on the MN F-body site.

Pics will be updated all day. (http://www.mnfbody.com/showthread.php?t=13753)

:thumbsup:

RandyThose are great pics Randy. Can't wait to see the rest.

HAULNSS
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Not sure if these are working yet......

Part one (http://www.minnessota.com/view_album.asp?Album_ID=342&CatLevel=2&Cat1_ID=2&Cat2_ID=&Cat3_ID=&Cat4_ID=&FromSearch=True&SearchPage=%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FCatLevel%3D2%26Cat1% 5FID%3D2)

Part two (http://www.minnessota.com/view_album.asp?Album_ID=343&CatLevel=2&Cat1_ID=2&Cat2_ID=&Cat3_ID=&Cat4_ID=&FromSearch=True&SearchPage=%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FCatLevel%3D2%26Cat1% 5FID%3D2)

Part three (http://www.minnessota.com/view_album.asp?Album_ID=344&CatLevel=2&Cat1_ID=2&Cat2_ID=&Cat3_ID=&Cat4_ID=&FromSearch=True&SearchPage=%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FCatLevel%3D2%26Cat1% 5FID%3D2)

And there is still a lot to go...... :D These are the low res ones, too. The DVD will have the high res pictures. :yes:

Randy

KAA
10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Here's a short video of when I hit 148.

Click here to watch 148-mph (http://media.putfile.com/148-mph)