PDA

View Full Version : 5 page spread in Grassroots Motorsports!

Beach Cruiser
07-16-2017, 06:35 AM
Check out this link to the article that ran this spring! 5 pages! wow

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/one-mans-35-year-journey-killer-camaro-track-car/

SSLance
07-16-2017, 07:19 AM
Nice!!! Congrats Mills...and well deserved...

I can't wait to see the 5 figure paint job that ends up on the Trackmaro next... ;)

Build-It-Break-it
07-16-2017, 11:40 AM
Way cool. Your car has always been one of my favorites because of what you accomplished. I like that you've shown a big budget isn't needed to have fun nor compete with the professional shop builds. Congratulations Mills

gnx7
07-17-2017, 11:06 PM
awesome!

Love the wood splitter/rear diffuser. How much did that help to plant the car?

My RX-7 with LS7 and 315f/335r would roast the tires coming over crests at Thunderhill until I put a splitter and rear wing on it.

Beach Cruiser
07-18-2017, 07:10 AM
The splitter was a tremendous difference, the diffuser helps a lot too, but not as dramatic as the splitter. However the diffuser works so well it keeps getting sucked off the car! The exhaust blows through the center of it creating even more downforce. the car gets very loose when its not on the car. I put a carbon fiber wrap on the top side and painted the leading edge of the splitter red, no one knows it's plywood!

rustomatic
07-19-2017, 08:28 PM
You rock, Mills! I was going to post something when G.M. did the online version of your expose, but the print is so much more old-school legit. You embody the genuine need for speed!:king: