PDA

View Full Version : 83 C10 "Island Time" Street/Auto-X Build

YAMATHUMP
04-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I have been around this forum for a while and am finally going to move forward with my C10. I have been around cars, ridden and raced dirt bikes, mountain bikes and still ride both quite a bit.(seems like the mountain bike gets the most use lately) I worked in a paint and body shop out of high school for about 5 years, and have a pretty mechanically minded mind so here goes!

I acquired the truck about 5 years ago for next to nothing and drove it home and parked it in the garage for couple of years as a "project" I really wanted a 2nd gen Trans Am to relive the "glory days" of my youth.......then I started seeing some pretty cool trucks and here we are. (Still want another Bird car though)

The truck is a good runner and can be a daily driver as we speak so I intend to do this in stages as follows, Stage one: Wheels, Brakes, and Suspension Stage two: Engine Stage three:Trans, drive line, and rearend. Stage four:Interior
This isn't going to be an unlimited budget build, but I think will be pretty nice when finished.

I have a bunch of pictures on different phones I will try to get sorted out this weekend. But stage one has just begun 20" wheels, Wilwood Brakes, and a Ridetech Street Grip kit should make this thing stop and handle better I hope!

WSSix
04-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a fun project. Keep us posted!

214Chevy
04-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Sweet!! I think everyone loves the square body era. I know I do.

YAMATHUMP
04-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Truck as it sits todayhttp://i.imgur.com/TGthBD2.jpg?1

YAMATHUMP
04-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Some new wheels came in....Vision 143's, they actually look very nice with good fit and finish. 20X91/2 looks like they will fill out the wheel wells nicely.

YAMATHUMP
04-15-2017, 11:18 PM
1 5/8" to the outside and 1 3/4" to the inside.