PDA

View Full Version : cam/vaccum issues

jwillia2
07-28-2006, 06:43 AM
guys,
i am in the process of building my 427, and I am trying to select a cam. I am changing from the stock solid lift cam to hydraulic, and would like to get the baddast cam possible without vaccum issues. i am running the new DSE RS headlight kit, so i am not worried about the headlight doors, just my brakes (baer track). how big of a cam (lift/durration/lobe sep) can i run without creating problems with my booster???

thanks

justin

kilrcam
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
guys,
i am in the process of building my 427, and I am trying to select a cam. I am changing from the stock solid lift cam to hydraulic, and would like to get the baddast cam possible without vaccum issues. i am running the new DSE RS headlight kit, so i am not worried about the headlight doors, just my brakes (baer track). how big of a cam (lift/durration/lobe sep) can i run without creating problems with my booster???

thanks

justin

If you don't have the cam yet call a cam grinder. Tell them what they need to know and they will tell you what you need. I just had a custom solid roller cam ground for me for my set up. If you have one ground for your setup it will be matched and you won't be disappointed. And the cost is not really much more than buying some off the shelf piece that may work ok but not great.

Brad

Musclerodz
08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
guys,

thanks

justin
Buy a hydroboost setup from Hydartech and eliminate the issue all together and get better brakes. Win win.

Mike

jwillia2
08-04-2006, 10:55 AM
thanks for the input!!!