PDA

View Full Version : Auto or Manual Trans for FI LS2?

4mm
07-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I am in the process of securing a low compression all forged LS2 that will be receiving a blower. The engine should have around 720-800hp at the crank and will be going into a Chevelle. With that kind of power output, I would tend to believe an auto trans would be best and more fun. What do you guys think? Auto or manual? Would I be limited to a 4L80e with that kind of power? The only drawback I see is the power it needs to get going. Let me know your thoughts..

camcojb
07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
I am in the process of securing a low compression all forged LS2 that will be receiving a blower. The engine should have around 720-800hp at the crank and will be going into a Chevelle. With that kind of power output, I would tend to believe an auto trans would be best and more fun. What do you guys think? Auto or manual? Would I be limited to a 4L80e with that kind of power? The only drawback I see is the power it needs to get going. Let me know your thoughts..

Frank,

they'd both work. The auto would probably be easier to hook and stay hooked up on the street. I had a 4L65E behind that combo that worked awesome, so they have made strides in making them live. The 4L80E is obviously even stronger. That and Steve's Shrifter makes a really fun driver.

A TKO/T56 would also handle the power fine, although I'd recommend the upgraded shift forks/output/sliders on the T56. Also need a good clutch. Just depends on what you want really.

Jody